Chapter 6: Kitsteps and ceremonies

A/N: I don't own Warriors. Erin Hunter does. I just play with the characters.

" Speech"
Thoughts, dreams
' Flashback'

Lilystep was in the middle of washing her squirming kits when she saw Robinwing and Brindleface padding into the den, herding their kits before themselves.

" But mama! We aren't tired!" Sandkit protested to Brindleface, which caused Dustkit to nod along and try to get Robinwing to let them play for a few moments longer.

" No, you can't play right now, because it's time for a nap. You can play afterward. " Robinwing told her son, licking his cheek gently.

" But mama! We want to play!" Dustkit mewed, his fur fluffing up as he protested, swatting at Sandkit playfully who leaped at him in response, and the two kits rolled around the den, swatting at each other and squealing with renewed energy.

Lilystep purred watching the duo. " Getting the kits to sleep isn't as easy as it seems at first. Especially after they have opened their eyes and started to explore the camp. "

Robinwing nodded, purring. " It definitely is. "

" And the older they get the more energy they have. " Brindleface purred.

Lilystep nodded, purring. " That seems to be true. "

Brindleface purred, watching her daughter swatting at the dark brown tabby tomkit. " Sandkit, be gentle with him. If you want, you can go play with Owlkit or Amberkit. "

" But they only want to play leader and deputy during a fight against RiverClan and make me be the medicine cat and I want to be a warrior , not play with some smelly herbs!" Sandkit yowled as a protest.

Later that day after Spottedleaf had come to check on the kits , making sure  that all of them were healthy and eating well Lilystep padded outside of the nursery den, enjoying the warmth of sunlight on her fur. This is  better way to live than as a kittypet. I still can't believe that Bluestar was so kind as to take a cat without any battle or hunting training in her Clan as she did with me.

After some time of sunning, she heard the sound of approaching paw steps. When she turned to look who the cat in question was she was met with the dark blue gaze of Frostfur. The white she-cat was one of the warriors who had taken some time to warm up to the former kittypet but Lilystep being friends with her sister had helped a lot.

" Have you heard what Tigerclaw told Lionheart?" Frostfur asked, purring. The white warrior had feelings toward Goldenflower's brother but acted like she didn't know if he liked her back. It wouldn't surprise me if they will become mates sooner rather than later.

Lilystep shook her head. " No, I haven't. What was it?"

Frostfur purred, eyes shining with excitement. " Tigerclaw told him that Longpaw and Darkpaw had passed their warrior assessments and will be getting their warrior names today. ThunderClan needs good warriors as they will be, I'm sure of it. "

" How does the warrior naming ceremony go? Is it similar to the one Bluestar had for me when I joined ?" Lilystep asked curiously.

"First Bluestar will call a Clan meeting. Then she will call the apprentices forward, and by using sacred words of a warrior ceremony she will give the -paws their warrior names, each name is unique, because even if two warriors in the same Clan would share a suffix, their prefixes will be different. " Frostfur explained.