Trouble | 04 ♕

Ziva's POV:

Ziva's POV:

"Enjoying youself, Cain?"

It was the first thing that came to mind. I shouldn't even be jealous, he's not mine so why is my body doing this.

Why is the heat rising from my toes and spreading throughout my body? Why did my smile fade into a stone hard look? Why is my heart aching when my brain doesn't care?

"I am not, to be quite honest." He responded, a look of...guilt taking over his face. "Mmm, well you better get back to it, excuse me." I spoke trying to push past him.

His arm extended over the doorway, stopping me from entering before his hand made its way around my waist. I looked into his honey brown eyes searching for what he might be thinking.

He's too hard to read.

"I would much rather have you screaming my name, than someone who i was using to get you off of my mind." He spoke lowly near my ear before standing upright and making his way back to his table that was now empty.

My mind froze as I looked back at him. He nodded his head towards the bathroom with a smirk, refocusing me on my initial goal: to pee.

What the fuck was he talking about ... using someone to get me off of his mind?

My thoughts swirled as I entered the sex smelling bathroom. It made my gut wrench knowing this stench came from him with another woman. It came from him pleasuring someone else.

I couldn't be jealous though, I was here with someone else as well. Although I heavily dreaded being here with him, I had to make amends for my family's sake so that it wouldn't be awkward at the upcoming ball.

"Ma you okay?" I heard Milo's voice from the other side of the door after being in the bathroom for a bit too long, sucked in my thoughts.

"I'm coming." I spoke opening it, being met with his tall figure. "You're beautiful." He whispered looking down at me. "And you're fucking crazy. Step back." I responded still mad about the way he grabbed me.

"You know you can't be mad at me forever. I came here to apologize ma." He smirked grabbing my waist. Cain's jaw clenched in what seemed to be jealousy as he witnessed Milo hold me the way he did.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Milo whispered pulling his phone out. I glanced over to see what he was texting and my heart sank.

<162                      Prince

milo: Got Diablo location , wtm
prince: How many ppl ?
milo: Abt 40 inside maybe a few outside
prince: Wya?
milo: A date. He here though. Pop him?
prince: After he step out.

Fuck. Is Cain...? No, no he can't be. He can't be my family's infamous rival. He can't be the man who brutally murdered hundreds of people. He can't be the man who my family used to use as an excuse to keep me inside after my father had r-. No. He just can't be him.

I took one more look at Cain and the scars started jumping out at me. His lip, his eyebrow, his neck beneath the large snake tattoo, and his hands. Knuckles scarred and scarred some more due to the wounds never properly healing.

I want to know what his torso looks like, his back, his legs, his entire body most likely covered in different stories just like mine. Waiting for someone to become curious and indulge in a read. I couldn't become delusional.

Cain is Diablo.

"You okay ma?" Milo spoke looking down at me before his eyes focused on Cain once again. "I'm fine." I responded coldly knowing that pit in my stomach wasn't going anywhere.

Cain's eyebrow raised at me as Milo and I made our way to the booth he had found while I was in the bathroom. His look practically begging me to let him know what was wrong.

They were gonna kill him. Milo was just waiting on Prince's order and it was a sick feeling. I had to help him but I can't go against my older brother, my protector, knowing who Cain is now.

What the fuck.

<10                 Motorcycle Man

motorcycle man: Stop looking over here , he's gonna know you know me
motorcycle man: He has a bad temper so don't piss him off or i'll have to get disrespectful
ziva: you have to leave, please go quickly
ziva: i cant have this on my conscious that i didn't help you
motorcycle man: Im gonna finish my meal and make sure you are okay preciosa, don't worry about me
motorcycle man: I don't know how you know him but you're not in such a good situation right now so behave for me

"Ma." Milo called snapping me out of my phone. "Hm?" I called giving him the same dead eyes he deserves. "No emotion still? I said I was sorry." He gritted through a smile before grabbing my hand.

"You grabbed me Milo." I whispered lowering the black scarf that draped over my shoulders and down my arms to reveal the dark purple that painted my skin.

"Holy fuck." He whispered quietly as a devastated look painted across his face. "Ziva I-" His eyes searched mine for an ounce of sympathy but I couldn't.

I slowly sipped the red wine that was quite tart as I watched Milo's eyes study me. My mind only thinking of one man who could ever be called mine.

Cain would never treat me like Milo. He wouldn't even think of it.

"I can't keep being around you but, but you're the only one for me." He whispered moving his hand towards my face.

I winced at the sudden movement not knowing what he was going to do. This was the wrong thing to do however.

A chair screeching across the glossy dark hardwood flooded everyone's ears, drawing attention to Cain whos eyes were locked on mine, bonded together unable to break contact. Which in turn drew everyone's eyes to me and Milo.

"We're you going to hit that young woman?" An older lady called out focusing her attention on Milo. "She seems to be very uncomfortable in your presence now that the lady pointed it out." Another man called.

Shit. This isn't going to end well.