Chapter 13

Sally Jackson

Coming home late in the night to find your son sleeping with a pretty girl seems terrifying.

Unless your son is a sweet boy who would never take advantage of a girl.

That's what I came home to. The girl with Percy was the girl from across the street, Annabeth. Percy talked about her all the time. Percy and Annabeth were lying in his bed together. Percy was clinging on to Annabeth's hand as if it was worth a million dollars to him. It felt so good seeing a small smile on my son's face.

I smiled and walked past to my bedroom to set down my things. My phone was blowing with messages from work, friends, and Paul Blofis. You know what they say. A guy who reads Shakespeare is a keeper.

Percy

I woke up differently than I'd gone asleep. Annabeth wasn't beside me. My bed felt empty without her. I sighed, wondering where she'd gone.

I stood up, scratched the back of my head, and headed for my bathroom. I rubbed away the sleep from my eyes and brushed my teeth. When I got down to the kitchen, the smell of pancakes filled the air. Mom was home, for once. Sundays were her only day off.

"Hey Percy. Sleep well," Mom smirked. I blushed a crimson red and lowered my eyes.

"I really sorry, Mom."

"It's okay, kiddo. Annabeth and I talked before she left. She's really sweet, you know. I'd rather it be her than some stuck up cheerleader."

"So you like Annabeth?"

"Yes, I do. And as long as you two don't do anything stupid, I approve." Mom turned to the pancakes on the stove. "So, have you two kissed yet?"

"What? Mom!"

Mom laughed. "Answer me. Have you?"

"No, but, it's a bit complicated."

"Well I'd keep her secure. She's a keeper alright."

Annabeth

Encountering Sally Jackson was so weird.

It was five in the morning. Sally was on her computer in the study by the living room. As I walked by, she scared me by calling my name. After evaluating me, she smiled and offered me tea. I sat with her until six thirty before rushing home to my open window. It's surprising I was never caught.

The next morning, I took my breakfast to my room. As I ate cereal there, I thought of Percy.

Our words had been vague last night. I was confused at what we really were. I really liked Percy. Maybe I was ready to love him.

As if on cue, my phone buzzed. I bolted to pick it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Annabeth. It's Percy. We really should talk."

"Er, yeah. We should."

"Are you able to meet me outside in a bit?"

"Ugh. I don't know, Percy. My mom might not let me. Why don't... we talk on the phone and look out our windows."

"Wow, Wise Girl. You really know how to work things out."

In a few minutes, I opened the curtains. "I'm here."

Percy showed up across the street. His black hair flew around, and a shy grin displayed on his face. "Hey, Annie."

I scowled. "Don't call me Annie."

"Well then. Someone gets mad easily," Percy teased. I rolled my eyes. His voice became a bit serious. "So, I'm sorry about the panic attack last night."

"There's nothing to be sorry for, Percy. And while we're on the topic, I meant what I said last night."

Percy blushed a visible blush and dipped his head. "Me too. So, um, do you, by any chance, want to, you know, like, hang out, soon, by any chance, cuz like, I really like you and uh--"

"I like you too, Percy. We should hang out after school on Wednesday."

Percy grinned. "Yeah, okay. It's settled?"

"It's settled."

(A\N)

I haven't been writing a lot.

I've been busy lately and haven't been able to keep up with the update requests.

Plus my phone upgraded Wattpad and I fucking hate it now omg

I'll try to be faster! K bye