Chapter 6

Harry sighed as he shoved the papers on his desk away. He had been feeling nervous all morning, his lunch with Amelia was in half an hour and he felt nervous like a teenage boy. He closed the folder and stood up from his desk. He walked in a fast pace towards the elevators, nodding to his co-workers absently. When he pressed the elevator button, he saw his fingers tremble and pushed his hands in his pockets quickly. Relax, it's just lunch. When the bell of the elevator rang, he stepped forward. His feet carried him to the office he wanted to visit for the last weeks. When he looked to the left, he saw that Arthur's door was closed. When he turned to the right, he saw her in her office. She was pacing behind her desk, her wand tucked into a lose bun in her hair. She nibbled on an old pen as she read a folder full of sticky notes. Harry leaned against the door frame as he took her in. She was wearing a dark blue sheath dress, that stopped just above her knee. Short over-the-shoulder sleeves and a shy V-neck. It was a simple dress, but boy she looked good. His heart was stuttering fast in his chest, and he nervously ran his hand through his already unruly hair. He took in a steadying breath.

"Knock-knock." He said with a little smile.

Amelia stopped pacing and turned to look at him in surprise. Her mouth was dropped slightly open, the pen still resting on her lips. Merlin, that girl was going to be the death of him. He was sure his heart stopped when her surprise turned into a large smile, so large it made Harry think she was just as happy to see him as he was her. 

"Harry!" Her beaming smile widened even more. "Am I late?" She asked trying to look over at her watch, but the papers in her folder all fell to the floor.

"No, no. I'm early." Harry said as he walked over quickly and kneeled down with her as they picked up the papers. Harry handed them over and locked his eyes with hers. Her large blue eyes staring back at him. They were both holding each end of the papers as they were still kneeling on the stone floor. "I'm sorry I'm early, I didn't mean to interrupt your work." He finally managed to say.

"It's okay." The corner of her lip twitched up. "I could use the break. Let's head out early." She winked and slowly rose to her feet. "You can give me the papers back." She smirked as she glanced at the papers Harry was still holding.

"Oh, sorry." He smiled sheepishly and let the papers go. Amelia placed the papers back in the folder and put it on her messy desk. "So, where do you want to go?"

"What about the Golden Inn?" She asked as they walked out of the room. "Their pastas are mouth-watering!"

"I've never been, but I'm sure to trust your input."

"Brilliant, let's go." She smiled before she nearly tripped over seemingly nothing. Harry reached out and caught her arm just in time. He pulled her back to her feet, and she stumbled against his chest. "Thanks." She breathed, a small blush creeping up her cheeks, making him shiver.

"Anytime." His own voice husky from her close proximity. She stepped back but didn't let go of his arm. She even looped her arm better through his as they walked the corridor. "So, uhm. Thanks for the report yesterday. It made our work a lot easier." Harry said and the conversation flowed easily.

They had just ordered, and the waiter walked back to the counter with their menu's when she said something he didn't expect.

"So, I heard about you and Ginny." She said looking him straight in the eyes. He adverted his eyes as he rubbed his neck. She was bolt.

"Oh." He was still rubbing his neck. "Fred and George told you?" She nodded, her eyes still on his. "We dated back in school." He started, he glanced her way as saw her waiting for more, so he continued. "When the war broke out, I broke up with her to keep her safe. We tried to reconnect after... but the war, the separation, it never felt the way it used to be and when Teddy came in the picture..." Amelia reached out and wrapped her hand around his. He looked at their hands on the table, a silver leaf-shaped ring was resting on her index finger.