Chapter 15

15

Fred and Mia went back to normal after that night. They didn’t talk about it, and Amelia was surprised Fred didn’t tell George. She still came over every evening to help him strengthen his legs. Together with George and Angelina they switched turns helping him. It was almost a month since they revealed Fred’s progress at the Burrow. It’s been almost a month since she saw Harry.

She had seen Teddy once a week when he stayed with the twins. And even though the imagine of Harry and Ginny crossed her mind, she still missed him, more than she cared to admit.
She had a Friday afternoon off, so she decided to help the twins at the shop. The boys were in the back, busy creating new products as she worked the front with Lee. Lee was something else, he was funny like the twins but in his own way. Apparently, he was their main guinea pig besides themselves. It was five o’clock and it was quieting down. She hopped on the register as Lee told her about the twins’ grand escape from Hogwarts. She couldn’t believe they didn’t tell her. She was laughing when the bell of the shop rang.

“Hello, Hermione.” Lee smiled. Amelia turned to see the girl walk in, to her great relief she was alone.

“Hey, Lee. How are you?” She asked once she reached the register.

“I’m good. Been busy, working at the shop and having a part time job at the local radio station.” He smiled happy. “You?”

“Just came back from a job interview at Gringotts.”

“Really? They let you in there?” He snickered.

“Oh, Har- I've heard about your break in.” Amelia grinned as she hopped off the register so she could fully look at Hermione. “Did you have to beg them for forgiveness?”

“No.” She chuckled. “Ron and Harry have already done that, besides my academic scores speak for themselves. Now that I have you here, can I speak with you?” She asked Amelia.

“You good here?” She asked Lee.

“Sure, we’re closing in less than an hour, should be fine. Besides I can always call for those two knuckleheads in the back. Thanks for keeping me company.”

“Thanks for the stories.” She grinned at him before turning to Hermione. “Let’s go up to the flat.”
Hermione looked surprised but followed her to the back. The twins were still elbow deep in potions when they passed the backroom.

“Oh, hey Hermione.” Fred smiled in surprise when he looked up from his cauldron. “You’re a bit late to buy our products -”

“They are best used in school.” George winked.

“I’ve seen enough of your products the past year, thanks.” She huffed, but the corners of her lips twitched.

“Hermione and I are going upstairs, I’ll start dinner. Is Lee staying?”

“No, our innocent baby Lee has a date.” George chuckled.

“What are you making?” Fred asked.

“No, what are you making?” Amelia asked as she stepped next to him, eyeing the sickly green colour in his cauldron.

“Puking pastils.” He grinned down at her.

“You better keep that away from my food.” She poked his chest. “I’m making lasagne.”
Fred’s face lit up at the sound of his favourite food. “You are the best, love!” He gave her a big wet kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks.” She muttered with a smile as she wiped her cheek. She climbed the stairs with Hermione on her heels.

When she entered the flat, she kicked of her shoes before going to the kitchen. Hermione watched her mull around the kitchen.