Chapter 12

The sight before him when he stepped out of the fireplace, nearly melted his heart. Amelia was lying on the couch with Teddy on her chest. Both were sleeping soundlessly. He slowly kicked off his shoes before he walked over. He took a seat across from her and watched them for another moment. Then he decided he'd nudged her feet softly as he didn't want to look like a creep.

"Fred?" She asked softly before her eyes opened. She gasped as her eyes turned big. "Harry!"

He smiled softly at her, while his heart thundered like mad. "Hey, love."

She rubbed Teddy's back softly. "I'm sorry, he fell asleep."

"It's okay." He said, still smiling. "I like the look of this." He gestured towards them, and she blushed as she looked at the purple hair.

"How was the assignment?"

"Ran a bit long but we caught them. Nobody got hurt."

"That's good." She nodded, looking at the small boy on her chest. "He missed you." She looked up at him.

"I missed him too." He said holding her gaze. Teddy sifted in her arms.

"Maybe we should put him in his bed, don't want to wake him."

Harry wanted desperately to say yes, to have a moment alone with her, but... "Won't he wake if you move him?" She smiled sweetly at him.

"I have my ways." She winked. She pulled the wand out of her hair and waved it over Teddy. There was an invisible orb around him, Harry could feel the magic pulse around him. Teddy began to float above her chest. She sat up casually before standing, Teddy was still hovering in front of her. In the same position he was sleeping as if he was sleeping on her chest.

"How do you do that?" He asked as he followed her to the twins' room.

"I perfected a spell." She shrugged. "It still feels like he's sleeping on my chest. Feeling my chest move up and down, hearing a steady heartbeat. He doesn't notice anything."

"That's amazing. Can you teach me?" He asked as she lowered Teddy into his bed.

"Sure." She said smiling at the sleeping boy. When she turned, Harry was just inches away. "Hi."

"Hi." He breathed. She was close, so close.

"Let's go to the living room." She said looking back at Teddy. Harry nodded a little dumbly before they walked out. The moment she closed the door behind them, she flung her arms around his neck. Harry, a little stunned, nearly stumbled back from the sudden impact. He found his footing and wrapped her arms around her tightly. She nestled her head on his chest, while he buried his nose in her hair. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." He whispered in her hair. His hand went to her cheek and caressed it slowly until she looked up at him. "You have no idea."

His eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips and back. Nothing, but he meant nothing would stop him from kissing her right now. He leaned in, and the grip around his neck tightened. And finally, FINALLY, his lips touched hers. She pulled him closer, and he stepped forward until they bumped softly against the door. She parted her lips with a happy sigh, and he took advantage of it, letting his tongue swipe out. He moaned, rather loudly, as her tongue met his. The grip on her waist tightened until he was flush against her. Neither of them wanted to part and it quickly became heated. They both had been interrupted more than once and they needed to catch up on lost times. But like always, an interruption came, but this one they didn't mind.

"Mia." They pulled apart breathing hard. Harry's eyes were wide while she had a smile on her lips. Then Teddy's voice called out again. "Mia?"

"I think he would like to see you." She said as she pulled on his collar.