Chapter 9

She grabbed his hand as she guided him out of the club, and when they finally stepped out of the musty club, she took in a deep breath of fresh air, but didn't let go of his hand. She was talking about an incident at her work, and he listened intently, his eyes glued on her. The walk to Grimmauld was shorter than he would've liked. She looked around the muggle houses with slightly furrowed brows. Oh, right. The Fidelius Charm. He quickly wrote the address on his palm with his wand and showed it to her. She looked at him with raised eyebrows before she read his hand. Then he pointed at the spot between the houses as Grimmauld started to appear. He heard a small, cute gasp coming from her. He smiled as he took her hand and led her towards the house.

"It's so big." She said as they walked in the hall. "You live here alone with Teddy?"

"Yeah. It can be a bit quiet here. But Ron comes over a lot and we spend a lot of time in the garden. Do you – uhm-" He rubbed his neck. Damn nerves. "Do you want to head home? Or do you want a tour?"

"A tour would be nice." She smiled shyly. Harry couldn't help the broad smile that appeared on his face and guided her to the first room, the library.

She loved Teddy's room, she looked at every stuffed animal and picture that was in the room and when she saw the picture of Tonks and Remus, she asked about him. Harry went over to her and leaned against the window as he looked at the picture in her hands. And told her all about them.

Now they were sitting in the garden. Harry had conjured a blanked and they laid down looking at the star filled sky. Harry was looking at Sirius' constellation when he felt her gaze on him. He turned his head until he was looking at her.

"You look beautiful." He blurted out. But he couldn't help himself, the way the moon shined on her face, lighting up her eyes even more. She blushed red as she looked down, shaking her head slightly. "I had fun tonight."

Her head snapped up. "Really? I didn't think it was your scene."

"It was little loud, but I had good company." He winked. Harry himself, didn't know where the confidence came from, but there it was.

"Yeah, Ron is a funny bloke." She teased and Harry barked out a laugh. Earlier it didn't feel like a date with Ron there. But ever since the dance... it felt like they were. She laughed with him, and he watched her as her voice rang through the garden.

"Uhm- you know." He started nervously when her laughter died down. "This -uhm." He rubbed his neck as he looked up at the stars. "This feels like a date." He finally managed to say. He didn't look directly at her, afraid of what he might see, he saw her lie back down on the blanket.

"It does, doesn't it." Her voice was soft and when he turned to look at her, she was laying down with her eyes closed, a smile on her lips. Harry laid down beside her, and neither of them spoke again. Harry's eyes sought out the constellations he knew by heart.

Harry woke when with the sun shining brightly on his face. He was lying on his side, and something was tucked under his arm, something that was breathing. He opened his eyes and saw Amelia curled up in front of him. Her back was against his chest and Harry's legs were intertwined with hers. They must've fallen asleep when they looked at the stars. Harry didn't want to let go and hoped she wouldn't wake up soon. His grip on her waist tightened and he nuzzled his nose in her hair. She was breathing in and out slowly, and he relished the feeling of her in his arms. Harry was just about to doze off again when she turned in his arms, she rested her head on his chest. That's when she stiffened. Harry looked down at her worried, afraid she would run away screaming. She inhaled deeply and relaxed in his arms before her eyes fluttered open and looked up at him.