Chapter 4

Jenna turned to them, her face a soggy tear-stained mess. "What're you doing here!?"

"Jenna... Did you and Chloe into a fight?" Natsuki asked, slowly stepping towards her.

"..." Jenna stayed silent for a moment, and Natsuki was about to give up. She started turning, "Yeah... I don't know why, though..."

"What do you mean?" Gary asked.

"All I did was welcome her home. She was crying, so I asked her what was wrong... She ignored me, went to her room, and slammed the door. When I came in and repeated my question, she lashed out on me!" Jenna cried.

"If she came home crying..." Gary muttered. "Something must've happened."

"But that doesn't give her any reason to scream at me..!" Jenna shrieked. "Like, I get I'm overprotective... But she knows what I've been through! I literally died! How could she treat me like this!?"

"You what?" Chase blinked.

"... Long story," Ash laughed, nervously.

§

"What do mean, you lost all your friends because of her?" Goh asked.

"I mean, because Jenna's so overprotective and always chanting that I'm her girlfriend, either they left me because they're homophobic or they thought it wasn't fun to be around me anymore!"

"Okay..." Goh took in a big breath. "The homophobes, they don't deserve to be your friends. But... Why didn't you just tell Jenna to tone it down?"

"I... I don't know.... I was upset..." Chloe sighed.

"You need to explain and apologize to Jenna," Goh said sternly.

"I know..."

Creak...

"They're back! Perfect timing!" Goh nodded. "C'mon, let's go."

Chloe followed, hesitantly.

"Did you find her?" Goh asked, bouncing down the stairs.

Natsuki nodded, a mournful Jenna next to her.

"Jenna-!" Chloe gasped.

Jenna' eyes immediately widened, as she backed away. "I-I'll go... I know you probably don't want to see me."

She then took off once again, running outside.

"Jenna, wait-!" Chloe cried, watching as Jenna ran into town.

"You're not upset at her, anymore?" Natsuki clicked her tongue, upset at Chloe for hurting her friend. "What, do you have bipolar or something?"

"All girls are bi..." Gary shrugged. "You just need to figure out if they're bisexual or bipolar."

"Well..." Chloe sighed, getting ready to repeat what she had told Goh. "I was just... Upset. My friends stopped being my friend, since they're either homophobic or because Jenna was so protective... I kind of lashed out on her... I really regret it..."

"Well, f-" Natsuki started.

"Nope! This is a PG book!" Ash interrupted.