VIII

A/N: hope you enjoy this chapter !! i feel very motivated out of nowhere (i wrote half of this up to 12:42am after publishing the last chapter ) . happy reading ... or maybe not !

"Hakkai, what're you planning on doing for your birthday?? Don't tell me you're gonna have some celebrity exclusive party!" Chifuyu was nagging the model once again about his birthday which was finally on a weekend again. "I'm pretty sure I have work on my birthday. I've got an opportunity to be a brand ambassador for this new shoe company that's starting to become popular." Hakkai answered as he threw away packaging from a new gift from the people he recently modeled for a week prior.

"What? That's so boring! What're you doing Sunday then?" The blond was determined to do something for his friends' birthday one way or another. "I've gotta banquet. Why're you so hellbent on trying to do something for my birthday anyway? You know I don't really consider it a big deal." Hakkai looked over at his friend who was on the couch eating instant noodles. "I don't see why not, I'm surprised Yuzuha didn't arrange something for you." Chifuyu thought aloud and proceeded to slurp on his noodles.

"I agree, but Hakkai always says they're not big on birthdays so," Mitsuya told the blond as he walked in through the garage door. "Mitsuya!! When'd you get here?" The blond exclaimed and waved at the designer. "Few minutes ago, are you here to convince Hakkai to have a party?" He asked as he hung up his jacket and made himself at home. "Love how you just walked in my house unannounced and didn't say a word to me." Hakkai frowned as he adjusted a picture on the wall of him and his sister.

"Oh yeah, hi Hakkai. How's it feel to almost be another year closer to the middle ages?" The lilac haired asked with a blunt smile on his face. "Great, thanks." The model rolled his eyes and continued to go through his many unopened packages he had just brought in after being out of town for a few weeks. "Nice to know! Honestly Chifuyu, there's no reason to try to get Hakkai to do something for his birthday. He's too stubborn and won't listen unless Yuzuha tells him to." The older continued saying which made the blond frown.

"Seriously?? So how'll I convince Yuzuha if neither of them celebrate their birthdays?" Chifuyu groaned and put his empty container on the table. "Food or something pretty and shiny like jewelry," Hakkai told them as he tossed Mitsuya a pair of socks he'd got in the mail. "Very true, I've actually got her to throw him a twenty-first birthday party like that. Of course with food, authentic diamonds aren't cheap," the designer admitted as he inspected the socks that were thrown at him. "Any shoes with a thick sole or high tops go with these, just pair 'em with appropriate jeans." He advised and threw them back at the model.

"Food or jewelry...noted. What if that doesn't work?" Chifuyu asked and looked between the two. "Hell if I know, it always works." "Yeah, food never fails. Especially with the jewelry," The duo answered confidently and looked at each other as they considered what else could be done if that tactic fails. "So, what? I'm just supposed to trust your strategy and pray it's effective?" The blond had a puzzled look on his face with a doubtful tone of voice when he questioned the model and designers' method.

"Yeah, pretty much." "Seems about right." They shrugged and Hakkai held up a pair of shoes he got. "Those would match well with the orange tee you just showed me." The older told him and Chifuyu huffed. "Hakkai, where's your sister?" "Out on a date with that police officer. Don't let him find out you're planning on persuading her with gifts because that guys' got serious issues." "Yeah, he tried to fight Takemichi one time and all he did was offer her a cupcake because it was her favorite flavor."

"Yikes, I couldn't imagine Keisuke doing something like that." Chifuyu winced as he spoke and Mitsuya gave him the most baffled look ever. "Baji Keisuke? We're thinking about the same person right? Same man who would set cars on fire when he got hungry? That Keisuke?" He questioned and felt as if he'd pass out from shock when the blond nodded. "Breathe Taka-chan, don't die on us now." Hakkai told the lilac haired and threw a sheet of bubble wrap to him. "Ooh, you got bubble wrap!" The designer grinned and snapped back to his senses.