family meeting.

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

"you ready hun?" conrad asked as he pulled up the last chair to our long dining table, we had to put the extension in to fit all the people coming today.

"as i can be." he placed a quick kiss on my cheek as i bounced baby suz on my hip, and the doorbell rang. he ran to get it.

"cant get much worse than last time, right?" he sent a smirk over his shoulder, and i laughed.

as conrad opened the door to greet jere and belly, i instantly got dejavu, and i remembered last time this event happened.

two years ago now, the family came out over place to celebrate the same event; the new baby in the family.

baby suz was a two weeks old, and had gotten all of her shots and had been in the world for a bit now, and everyone was ecstatic to meet and play with her. now, today, people were coming for baby cam.

"here's hoping." i muttered, chuckling at the events of last year.

last year

it was jere's turn to hold susannah, and the boy was literally tearing up at the bundle of pink in his arms, it was a sweet sight. belly was behind him, awing at her lover and placing her head on his shoulder.

they would be such good parents one day.

"jere, dont sob." i mocked, and he stuck his tongue out at me.

"someone has momma's nose." belly smiled, and conrad agreed, nodding.

"she already has conrads morning moods." i chuckled, and conrad sent me a glare, i shrugged.

"she's not wrong though." conrad confessed, "its the fisher way."

we all laughed, and suz began to cry in jeres arms. i walked over to the boy with wide eyes, scooping my daughter back up, "youre a natural, jere, hurry on up and pop the question so she'll have a friend or two." my cheeks turned pink as i smirked at him, and belly's did too.

jere only smirked, "well, we did have some news." he looked over at belly, and belly only smiled slightly.

i felt my smile drop, and struggled to keep susannah still in my arms. she was suddenly squirmy.

"jere, what?" conrad said out of disbelief, somehow seeming to already know the answer.

jere only looked at me, and gulped, "bellys pregnant."

it felt as if the ground shook. and i couldnt stop my jaw from falling. i didnt know what to say, but before i could, everything exploded.

just as i saw a hint of humor hit jeremiahs eyes, baby suz only let out a tiny groan before she became a fountain of vomit, that landed right in jeremiahs lap. he yelped out, jumping to his feet but tripping over bellys extended legs, and crashed onto the floor. i struggled to catch susannahs squirming body in my arms. i did successfully, while also trying to not step or trip over my brother in law.

conrad acted quickly, stepping forward to grab my elbow with one hand, and wrap his other arm around my chest and the baby, holding us both up in position.

"WHOA!" he exclaimed, waiting for everyone to quiet down, jeremiah was cursing on the floor.

belly acted first. by bursting into laughter.

jeremiah was next, but my heart was still pounding.

there was no ring, or wedding, or financial stability for these kids laughing beneath us to have children. and even though it was a beautiful thing, motherhood was hard. conrad and i gave each other a look, and jeremiah struggled to get off of the floor.

"dont blame susannah," jeremiah shook his head, still laughing with belly, "you'll probably do the same thing after i tell you this." conrad and i's eyebrows raised towards the boys slight pause, and my stomach dropped to what other news this boy had for us.

"this was all a prank."

and, in fact, the boy was right. i just about vomitted.

"thank God." conrad muttered matter-of-factly, and i just laughed.

"ya'll suck." i breathed out heavily, "like a lot."

jeremiah was still trying to catch his breath, "im sorry, but suz made that whole thing a lot funnier."

i smiled down at the baby in my arms, "i guess we got ourselves a good lie detector here." she smiled back up at me, and i helped her and jere get cleaned up from the baby puke, "that's what you get."

"that whole thing was priceless." belly giggled.

this year

"greetings, friends!" jeremiah exclaimed as he walked in, gifts in hand, and ran towards the newly set up crib in the living room. he immediately scooped the boy up, claiming his spot on the couch with him.

"careful." you warned, "tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, jeremiah!" you smiled and pointed a loaded finger.

he held up his hand, and placed it on a imaginary bible like in court, "so help me God."

"good boy." you chuckled, and gave belly a hug.

"yes," she squeezed you tightly, "i'm afraid theres no shocking news to tell this time." she giggled, "darn."

"thats ok," i laughed too, "susannah just had lunch, and im sure she'd like to keep it, huh?" i looked down at her, still in my arms, and she smiled up at me, giggling. we had told her plenty about what happened last year, and she was the families lie detector now, and had gotten quite good at it.

belly and jere were engaged now, and the wedding was being planned. we were all so excited for them.

and we just had our second child. the house was quickly filled with our favorite people, and we all sat around the living room after lunch.

"ok," jere put his glass down, and put his hands up in surrender, "i'll admit, i already lied to you guys." we all raised our eyes at the boy, "we do kind of have some big news."

i shifted my gaze to my eldest, "suzie, any tummy aches?"

suz thought for a moment, but violently shook her head, "no mummy."

we all laughed, and jere took bellys hand.

"we have a date for the wedding."

we all gasped, and i clapped.

"when is it?" conrad clapped his brothers back, who was gleaming.

"december." belly squealed.

"that fits you two." i nodded, "i'm so excited!"

"are you, best man?" jere smirked at his brother, and belly quickly scooped up the baby in preparation for what was about to happen.

i was thankful for her when my husband immediately tackled jeremiah to the floor in a wrestling match. we all took that as a yes.

"thanks for already being aunty #1." i took my son out of bellys arms, and she chuckled.

"of course." she laughed at her fiancé, "maid of honor."

i did a double take, and widened my eyes.

"what?"

that was unexpected. maybe a bridesmaid, but maid of honor?

her mom?
taylor?
me?

"i wouldn't want anyone else." she shook her head and gleamed.

"my turn." cam took his godchild in his arms (yes, cam were our children's god parents, another very emotional experience for the group).

i just about tackled her too, and we all celebrated for the rest of the day.

it was a good one.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫 (𝟑) 🎉