Thunderous Ambush

If anyone knows the references I was making with Blacky the Umbreon from the last chapter.... You're awesome.

—--------------------------------------------

Some time after they left Stone Town, our heroes traveled for a few days time, with Ash training his Pokemon more and more. However, the problem with Aiden only seemed to be slightly escalating as he not only disobeyed orders occasionally, but he also began picking fights with everyone. As they set up camp for the night, Ash, Cobalt, and Green decided to sit down with the Charmeleon that they treated as a younger brother,

Green: Aiden, buddy, we need to talk.

Aiden: About what?

Ash: You're starting to get out of control. With the doing stuff on your own... Maybe you should take a break.

Aiden: You mean, not battle? No way! If I don;t battle, I don't win. And if I don;t win, I won't evolve into Charizard. And I. Need. To evolve.

Cobalt: Dude, I get you want to evolve and I can respect that, but you're going battle crazy. Plus, you've been breaking the rules of Pokemon battling. Not cool, bro.

Aiden: Look, I'm fine. Can you guys just-

However, the fire lizard was interrupted as Brock cried out his backpack opened.

Brock: Arceus dammit!

Misty: What's wrong, Brock?

Brock: I forgot to go shopping back in Stone Town and now we're out of food, now I can;t cook dinner!

Ash: What?!

Misty: You mean... *horrified* We're gonna starve?!

Cobalt: Well, luckily for us, we have plenty of Poke Chow, so at least we'll have a nice meal.

The Lucario reachedinto the bag and pulled out a can of chow with a smile on his face, though when he looked inside, Cobalt froze as he fell over, tears welling up in his eyes with the smile still on his face. Confused, Misty took the can out of Cobalt's paw, only to find that it was empty.

Misty: Looks like we're out of Pokemon food, too.

Ash: Uh oh.

Green: Hmm.... I know! What if we foraged for food. You know Cobalt, when we used to hunt berries and stuff. Maybe we can do that.

Cobalt: Like.... Like when we did it back at home?

Green: Yeah.

Brock: What are they saying, Ash?

Ash: Green just suggested maybe we should forage for berries and stuff like that for tonight until we get to the closest town.

Misty: Hmm, that actually sounds like a good idea. Good on you, Green.

The Sceptile nodded as Cobalt, Aiden, and Azula huddled up, ready to forage.

Cobalt: Alright, we have a plan and we can get us a meal ticket.

Ash: Okay, Misty said she's going to get water and Brock is gonna keep sight of camp. Maybe I can go with you guys and start foraging.

Brock: Sounds good. *takes out Pokeballs* I'll get Bulbasaur and John to get some berries.

Cobalt: Okay, but what do we hunt?

Aiden: This Squirtle I knew back at the lab lived in the wild before he was caught by this old guy. He taught me a method of getting food....

Ash: .....I don;t feel safe.

—--------------------------------------------

In an open clearing in the forest, multiple bug types are seen flutttering above as a Pidgeotto tries to catch them. However, the bird Pokemon is suddenly skewered by a flying glowing bone, falling to the ground dead. The five are seen as Cobalt was the one that threw the bone as Ash and Azula looked in horror.