J

On their way to Virbank City for Serena's Pokemon Contest, our heroes had decided to stop for a small lunch, which allowed Ash and Gary to have some sparring matches in order to level up Membra and Jaws and help Cobalt master Bullet Punch while Aiden trained Kestrel in flight speed and agility.

Gary: Alright, let's do this! Arctozolt, use Powder Snow! Blastoise, Hydro Pump, and Jolteon, you use Pin Missle!

All three of Gary's Pokemon unleashed their attacks on Ash's three Pokemon, who managed to jump out of the way.

Ash: Alright then, let's show em! Cobalt, use Bullet Punch on Blastoise! Membra, Thunderbolt on Arctozolt and Jaws, use Hydro Pump, then Ice Fang on Jolteon!

Ash's Pokemon did just that, Cobalt putting out a rapid barrage of punches on Blastoise's stomach, Membra releasing her newly learned Thunderbolt onto Artcozolt, and Jaws firing a Hydro Pump on Jolteon before biting down onto him with ice cold fangs, remembering to be mindful of the spines. However, they immediately dropped the canine as a kitchen timer went off.

Serena: Ash, your timer went off!

Ash: Oh good, that means lunch is ready.

Cobalt: Awesome!

On top of a campfire sat a large steaming pot, where Ash then lifted the lid to reveal he was cooking some kind of stew. He poured it into three bowls before releasing the rest of his party and filling their bowls with Poke Chow. As he sat down, Ash looked around, spotting Gary and Serena eating the stew.

Gary: *surprised* Ash, this stuff is good.

Ash: Oh, stop. I'm sure it ain't that good.

Gary: Well, it's not perfect, Ash, but this is some damn good stew.

Serena: This is delicious, Ash.

Hunter: Not to forget, your Pokemon food's pretty good too.

Ash: You... *blushes* You guys really think it's good?

Green: Yeah, Ash, this is great!! But no offense, this is nowhere near Brock's level.

Ash: Yeah, true. I got nothing on Brock's cooking talent.

Serena: Ash, who's Brock?

Ash: Oh, Brock's my old friend who traveled with me through Kanto. He always cooked when we were on the road and before he left, he lent me some cookbooks for some simple meals, which really helped me out since I used to watch him cook.

Gary: Well, I'd say your observing's paid off.

Aiden: You can say that twice!

Soon enough, the group finished eating their lunch and began to pack up to start resuming their journey. However, as they were about to leave, a massive shape flew over them, casting a large shadow.

Gary: What was that?

Ash: I don't kow, but it went down the same path we'regoing.

Cobalt: Guys, something about that shape didn't see, right. We better check it out really quick.

After most of the Pokemon were recalled and Gary was informed on the new plan, Ash led the others down the path before they found a small grotto near the exit of the woods, where a large blue dragon with red wings was flying in front of a tree.

Ash: Who's that Pokemon?

Gary: A Salamence? But those aren't native to Unova, what's one doing here?

Serena: *takes out Pokedex* Salamence?

Pokedex: Salamence, the Dragon Pokemon. A Dragon and Flying type. Its long-held dream fulfilled at last, Salamence constantly flies around and releases intense blasts of fire as an expression of its joy, only stopping when it gets exhausted.