My Beautiful Contracted Witch

"That will be 838 yen." The guy at the counter said with a monotone voice.

Subaru paid at the counter before he walked out of the store and stopped on the footpath. He his eyes suddenly started itching so he rubbed them for a few minutes.

"I played games the whole day so no wonder my eyes feel like shit." He muttered in a life less voice.

*FLASH*

He shielded his eyes from the blinding light which appeared all of a sudden. After a few seconds he opened them to see a complete change of scenery.

A moment ago he was standing under the moon, on a silent footpath. Now he was standing in a town square in broad day light.

'...'

'...'

'...'

'This doesn't seem fake.' He thought as he looked at a person covered with fur from head to toe and dog ears on top.

The architecture resembled medieval Europe and not anything like modern Japan. Demi-humans walked on the streets along with humans. Some happily while some looked like they were barely managing to not offend each other

A smile blossomed on his lips.

'How long has it been since I last smiled.' He pondered as he took a step forward in this brand new world of adventure,

Pain

and suffering, but he doesn't need to know that yet.

Or maybe, he'll be a OP MC who wins every time?

Who knows, only time will tell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'First I have to set some primary goals.'

1. Get Information

2. Get more Information

3. Secure food and shelter before sun-set

4. Find if I have any powers

5. Don't die

He was going to make the best of this life and nothing would stop him from doing so.

He spotted a apple and decided to try his luck for some information.

"Hello, good sir!" Subaru greeted with a smile.

"Yes? What do you want?" The shopkeeper asked as he appraised Subaru's figure.

'Hmmm... I can't read the signs but I can understand what he is saying. That's good enough'

"I am a traveler and I do not know much of this place, would you be as kind as to provide me with some information?" He asked politely with a smile.

"Since you seem like a good person, sure." He answered with a smile.

Here is the information:

This world has four countries and by the way, the world is flat not round. There is a waterfall at the ends of the world. Anyway, the four countries are Gusteko, Kararagi, Vollachia and Lugnica. I am currently in the capital of Lugnica. The capital is divided into sections - The market, slums, common people's residence, noble's residence.

(I made those sections up.)

This country has 4 types of currency. Copper, Dilver, Gold, Holy Gold. 100 Copper = 1 Silver, 100 Silver = 1 Gold, 100 Gold = 1 Holy Gold. For better understanding you can feed 10000 people with 1 Hold Gold coin. It generally costs 15-20 Copper for a inn and 2-3 Copper for a normal meal.