The Half-Elf and the Great-Spirit

Echidna stopped laughing after a while as Subaru looked at her cluelessly, but of course she wasn't going to tell him why she laughed so hard.

"Fufu, I think you should get going now."

"Go where though?"

"Don't worry about that, you'll know as soon as you leave. Just so you know I can now talk to you mentally and you can come here anytime you like."

"Even though I don't like it that you aren't telling me what I have to do, I'll listen." He got up from his chair.

"Just think that you want to leave this place and it will happen, since you formed a contract with me you are capable of manipulating this space as you like." She added as Subaru followed her advise and lost consciousness for a spilt second before he was once again sitting in the dark alley.

'I hope I made the right choice by contracting her.'

'Would it hurt to trust this pure maiden more?' Echidna's gentle voice entered my mind.

'Figured, just don't annoy me too much okay?'

'That hurts my maidenly heart you know?' I could imagine her making a fake hurt expression right now.

'Calling yourself pure after you feed me your body fluids.'

'....'

Can't refute that can you? It's my win!

She didn't reply so I got up and was about to leave but-

"Kekeke, seems like we have some easy prey." A high pitched voice was heard as three figures walked towards him menacingly or atleast tried to.

'Kekeke? What even is that laugh.'

Subaru looked towards them and gulped.

"Give us your money and we'll let you leave alive." The fat one called out as he stepped before him.

"I don't have anything as you can see." Subaru replied as he raised his hands, hiding his only food behind his back.

It was all he had in this world after all. Losing his only food would be disastrous.

"We'll decide if you have any or not, kekeke." The high pitch laugh came from the shortest of the three. He circled behind him and took a look at his polythene bag.

"We'll be taking that then!" He tried to snatch the bag but Subaru was quick enough to dodge him.

Light footsteps pattering rapidly against the ground could be heard and a little girl who looked like she was 13, ran past him and literally jumped on the wall before looking back at them.

"Looks like you're in trouble, can't help though sorry!" She exclaimed as she jumped on a roof and continued running a speed he thought was impossible for humans.

'That's impressive.'

'Looks like I'm not getting out of this peacefully. Chid-tan! help!' He shouted in his mind.

'What's Chid-tan? Also she could run like that because she had a divine protection.'

'Just a nickname. Tell me what do I do to summon spirits?' He took in the later part but didn't comment on it.

"Looks like you want to die huh?" The big thug lunged at him and Subaru managed to dodge again.

'QUICK Chid-tan!'

'Concentrate inside your body, try to feel mana within you, and just push it out of your body into the surroundings.'

He followed her instructions, trying to concentrate as much as he could but it wasn't easy when you were dodging two people.