Chapter 7: The Working Session

There is a strong smell of coffee and cigarettes reeking through this place. Could this possibly be the café Colson told me to come to?

Sure enough, he is sitting at a table in the far end of the cafe, sitting there dejectedly. The expression on his face clearly states that he thought I had ghosted him.

"Hey, Coleslaw" I jump into the chair at his table.

He looks up, startled. He narrows his eyes when he notices me in front of him. "Where were you? I thought you were never going to show up."

"Google Maps doesn't recognize this place. I walked around this city stranded, and on top of that got threatened with a knife and chased by a bunch of geezers with shaved heads" I click my tounge. "They need to drink some tea and chill out, maybe do some yoga or see a therapist." 

"Poor kid." Colson says in a mockingly-pitiful way, but looks serious. "You've only been here for a week, and you've already become enemies with one "

"I know that" I reply haughtily. "Now, let's get on with this project."

"Alright." he pulls out a bunch of sticky notes and paces them on the table.

"That's all?" I ask jokingly.

"Nope." he pulls out some pens. "Totally, 100 percent prepared."

"Alright, then" I'm about to pull out my laptop, but just then, I notice that I don't have my bag with me.

I have forgotten my bag at home.

"Snap." I mutter. "I forgot my laptop at home."

"Oh well, I didn't bring one as well, so we'll just have to find an alternative." Colson shrugs. "Got any ideas?"

"Yes I do" I say without thinking. "A poster would be mental. And not just any old, boring one. I'm talking about a very colorful, very eye-catching one, one that makes you want to stare at it endlessly all the time, one that-"

"I feel like you're trying to become a rapper. But I get the idea" he replied calmly.

I stare at the pens and the sticky notes he had brought. Ideas are already flowing through my mind, 6000 miles per hour.

I quickly grab a post-it note and write an S on it.

I then grab another one and write a T on it.

Then an O on another one.

Then an N

Colson's POV:

Ah yes, the sex pistols font. Those colors in the squares. That font. 

I'm not going to lie, that's actually a good idea.

"So" I lean in casually towards Ron Weasley. "What bands are you into then?"

"Oh, plenty" he replies, still writing down the letters on the paper at a lightning pace. "I love The Cure, all of their stuff is amazing, I seriously like their second album but basically anything from them is fine, and also-"

"Dude" I feel like trash for interrupting him, but I still do it. "Just pause for a moment, and breathe. It seems like you're suffocating yourself."

He clicks his tongue at me. "I am not suffocating myself. At this point, you are only jumping to conclusions." he speaks fancily, like, very fancily.

"I never knew that you were a part of the British Parliament, Weasley." I tease.

"I'm a Slytherin. And I don't like Ron Weaselly that much at all." He says. "Now, are you going to get on with this project?"

"Sure thing, Weasley." I reply, pulling the poster towards me. Using a pencil, I write down, under the Post-it note title. "By Mr. Baker and Mr. Weasley."

There is a sudden banging noise, and the door swings open.