4

THURSDAY
"Those should be the right notes."

Haechan looked through the folder. Skimming all of the pages to make sure Renjun was truely being honest this time.

"These look right. Now, was giving me those answers so hard?" Haechan closed the folder and shoved it into his bag.

"Yes."

"Of course it was." Haechan spat.

"Remember the deal."

"I will."

"Oh and have fun memorising all of that in one day, it'll probably be too much for your poor brain to handle."

"I won't. I hope you fail." Haechan finally took off, he ran in the direction of Mark and his other friends.

Renjun sighed, he skipped off to the class he had next to be early.

Renjun had gotten to Mark before Haechan could find him. When Haechan did find them, he slouched. Usually he would walk off to another friend group but he really wasn't in the mood to walk to the other side of campus. Haechan walked over to the small table they were sitting on and sat on Renjun's side, half sitting on his leg because of the crammed space.

"Hello?" Mark smiled despite being confused.

"Hi." Haechan grinned widely. He rested his chin on both his hands and leant using the table.

"What are you doing here?" Renjun moved to the side, praying he wouldn't suddenly loose balance since half of left leg was hanging off the seat. It was uncomfortable, but he'd rather be right up against the end than on Haechan.

"Please don't start." Mark sighed, he really hated when they argued.

"Calm down I'm not about to start a riot. It's Renjun who's tryna start something," Haechan gave Renjun a side eye and looked back at Mark, "I just came to talk to you."

"Well too bad because I just forgot, Yuta needs me right now."

"Does he actually?" Haechan said with a monotone, his gleaming smile faded.

"Yes. I'll be going now." Mark left as soon as he could, running into the building.

"He's just saying that because he thinks we'd start a world war together, and he doesn't want to be stuck in it." Haechan turned to Renjun.

Renjun frowned, "Thanks, I was having a decent conversation with him too."

"Well since I don't want to chase after him," Haechan got off the seat and moved to the one Mark was previously sitting on, "Let's chat, Huang."

"Ew no. I'll be finding Chenle now." Renjun rose but was stopped by Haechan quickly shooting up and grabbing his wrist harshly.

Haechan was bending over the table, Renjun squealed in shock.

"You scream like a bitch." Haechan groaned into the table.

"That was... Unexpected."

"Stay. Please, I'm so bored that I'll talk to anyone. Renjun I'll be nice I swear." Haechan looked up, his eyes were all wide.

He was actually being serious.

"If you insist," Renjun sat back down, "As soon as you say something to test me I'll be leaving, let go of me too."

Haechan obeyed, releasing Renjun's wrist. He sank back into the seat and looked Renjun in the eyes in silence.

"You're the one who wanted to talk, gonna say anything?" Renjun fixed his own hair while looking back at Haechan.

"Um... Beautiful weather?"

"Yeah." Renjun murmured looking down, he scrunched his nose to hide a laugh.

"You er... Look good today."

"What?" Renjun shot his head back up.

"Good? Cute? What's the word. I wanted to say decent but that sounds mean, and I said I would be nice."

Renjun blushed. Renjun hated the fact anyone could so easily make him flustered. The simplest complement could leave Renjun a blushing mess. Renjun didn't think Haechan could do such things to him, but he thought wrong.

"Was that weird? Sorry. You look mortified."

"Oh." Renjun pat his hands onto his cheeks to cool his face down, "It's fine. You look okay today too?"

Renjun wanted to run away and find Chenle. He couldn't take this.

"Thanks." Haechan nodded, he looked to his side. He was clearly thinking the same thing.

"Umm... How are classes?" Renjun wanted to bang his head onto the table after asking that.

He couldn't take the embarrassment. He'd never had a proper conversation with Haechan without it resulting in them yelling and mocking each other.

"Bad. That's why I asked for your notes."

"You seem to understand a bit of it?"

"I know the bare minimum. I'm saved that I have such a..." Haechan paused as if he were repeating what he was going to say in his head, "A very smart, intelligent and considerate intellectual like you in my class that's willing to help me out."

Renjun couldn't look. He was staring at the ground, he began swinging his feet back and forth. It was a habit.

"Renjun?"

"Oh. Yes thanks. It's a pleasure to help someone so..." Renjun tried to think of something to positively describe Haechan but simply couldn't, "Sorry, just to help someone."

"Yes yes."

Haechan looked Renjun up and down. He smirked. So flustered and for what?

"Anyways, so I heard you were going to Johnny's party on Saturday."

"Yeah maybe. Only if I'm free, which is most likely."

"I'll make sure to stop by to chat when I see you."

"Please don't."

"I thought we were being nice to each other? That's not very kind of you to say." Haechan cocked his head to the side and gave Renjun his signature pout.

"I can't do this," Renjun got up and picked up his belongings, "I need water."

"Don't you have some in your bag?"

"I ran out. I'm going to the drinking fountain." Renjun struggled to speak, he hated everything about the situation he was in.

"I'll walk you." Haechan got up and took Renjun's bag off of him.

"Are you tryna steal my stuff? Because there's only books and pencils in there."

"No, I'm holding it for you." Haechan said in a 'duh' tone.

Renjun wanted to leave to get water so he could avoid Haechan, and he couldn't even do that without Haechan following him.