XII

Lloyd and Harumi walked out of the temple and Lloyd began to explain how they would go about this.

"The ninja cannot know I am the Quiet One, not yet at least. I want to be able to reveal the secret myself and watch as they lose all hope. I lost that chance with Kai, I don't want to lose it with the rest of them." He explained as he thought of the joy it would bring him to see the souls of the ninja crushed. "I can see the outline of the Destiny's Bounty through the Waterfall so once we're in view and they tell me you're the Quiet One, you'll have to play along in any way you can think of."

"Of course, Lloyd, I won't let you down." Harumi responded and he handed the mask to her, and gently placed a hand on her cheek.

"I know you won't, Princess." He then turned and started to walk out from behind the waterfall. The Ninja spotted them first and immediately started to yell at him. He couldn't hear them but he had a feeling he already knew what they were saying. His crew must've been setting up for a fake ambush because he could sense them spread out around him.

"Lloyd!" He finally heard Nya clearly. "It's a trap! Harumi is the Quiet One." He stopped dead in his tracks and turned to slowly face Harumi. He still could not believe they had come to the conclusion that she was the Quiet One. Sure he had covered his tracks well but he thought Zane would have figured out the truth or maybe some part of Pixel would have remembered him giving her orders.

"Rumi?" He questioned her. "Tell me that's a lie." She sighed and looked down at the mask.

"Oh Lloyd, I wish I could." She said and put the mask on. Her skin changed to an eerie gray with purple cracks. If he weren't pretending to be betrayed he'd be looking at her with awe. "But where would the fun in that be?" Her voice had changed, it was almost demonic sounding. Lloyd was amazed by the look of the mask alone; it was almost hard to keep pretending.

"I can't believe this!" He shouted at her. "We saved you! We took you in after the attack!" She laughed at him.

"That was all part of the plan." She answered and then signaled for the Sons to come out and surround him. He was shocked, he never told her they were even there. And the Sons did as they were told, one by one coming out and blocking his every exit. "Two choices Lloyd." Harumi spoke again. "Join me," she extended her hand to him. "Or die with the rest of your friends." Lloyd took a step back and Harumi shrugged. "So be it. Get him." The first few members attacked and he fought them off easily but he didn't expect Kilo to sneak up behind him and pick him up like he was nothing. He had to say he was quite impressed.

"Lloyd!" The ninja shouted, almost in unison.

"Knock them out." Harumi commanded. "We have a long journey ahead of us and I don't want to hear them the whole time." The Sons did as they were told and knocked each of the ninja out, their protests falling quiet. Kilo set Lloyd down and handed him his mask. Though he did not really need it, he still put it on anyway. Harumi removed the mask of hatred and looked to Lloyd.

"Impressive job, Princess, they really believed you." Lloyd complimented her. "In fact that goes for all of you!" He shouted to the Sons. "We finally have the third and final Oni mask." The Sons cheered for him and their success. "Now we go to our base and let the ritual commence. Send out word for every member of the Sons of Garmadon to meet us there." He commanded and climbed aboard the Destiny's Bounty with Harumi not far behind. He was immediately met with someone grabbing his leg. When Lloyd looked down he found the child that was his Uncle.

"Hello, Uncle." He greeted and picked up the child. "I'm not sure how going back in time affected your memory but if you understand anything that is going on, I hope you know this is your fault." The child stared at him before pushing off him and running towards the unconscious ninja. Lloyd glanced at them and noticed something was off. There were only five of them. There should be six. "Where is Kai?" He asked calmly at first. When he received no answer, he turned to his crew, anger written on his face. "Where is Kai?" He shouted.