X

Lloyd stood on the edge of a dock watching the sunset over the water. He took a deep breath and let the sea breeze hit his face. The ninja and him had just recently caught a huge fish who was causing troubles in these waters. Though it wasn't really a job for a ninja, it was nice to do something other than fighting. The dock creaked as someone approached behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"If your dad was here, you know he'd tell you how proud he is." Kai mused. Lloyd turned to face him.

"Where's this coming from?" He asked. Kai shrugged.

"I just thought you should hear it. You've become such a great leader for the team, Ninjago would be lost without you." Kai explained. "Your father may not be here to tell you but I am."

"I miss him." Lloyd sighed. "With my dad gone, sometimes I wonder if I really am making him proud. But I also wonder what I might become in the future, and if he'd still be proud of me then." He wondered.

"I was like that after my dad died, I started to lose my way." Kai started. "But luckily I had my sister to keep me on track. And now it's my turn to watch over you." Kai said and ruffled Lloyd's hair.

"Hey, hey!" Lloyd swatted at his hands. "Watch the hair." He laughed.

"Come on guys! We're taking a picture with the fish!" Jay shouted for them.

_____________

Lloyd had no strength left to keep himself above the water any longer. He could feel his body sinking deeper and deeper, the sounds of the ninja fading. His eyes slipped shut just as someone grabbed his tunic. Lloyd emerged from the water with whoever grabbed him. They held a tight grip on him as they kept them both above the water.

"Hold on, buddy, I got you." Kai mumbled as they floated in the water. Lloyd rested his head on Kai's shoulder. He would've tried to help but as mentioned before he had no strength left. He was deadweight.

"Cole! Grab them!" Lloyd heard just as he was pulled from the water by said person. Kai laid him down on the ground and sat with him as the others fought Moro. He tuned out the rest of the voices as he laid there catching his breath. Between being possessed and struggling against the water, he could barely move. It was a miracle he was even alive. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he opened his eyes.

"Lloyd?" Kai asked worriedly. "Can you hear me?" Lloyd only nodded in response as Kai helped him sit up. The others gathered around and they all sat for a moment, each catching their breath and giving Lloyd a moment before they moved him.

"Moro got the crystal." Cole mumbled the obvious. No one else had said it yet but someone had to eventually.

"Then we will get it back." Zane assured. "We will just have to figure out where he is going."

"I'm sure we will, but we should get Lloyd back to Sensei and his mother." Kai pointed out. "He and I are both soaked and this cold air is not helping. Plus we don't know if he has any injuries."

"Kai is right." Zane admitted. They each stood and waited as Kai helped Lloyd stand. He placed the younger one's arm over his shoulder, so he could help him walk.

"Just tell me if you need to stop." Kai told Lloyd.

"I think I'll be ok but I'll tell you, don't worry." Lloyd said. Kai helped Lloyd through the cave, just trailing behind the others. "Why didn't you go after the realm crystal?" Lloyd asked.

"We couldn't leave you behind, not when we just got you back." Kai explained.

"I would've been fine. You should've stopped him." Lloyd said and Kai gave him a sad look. "But I am grateful you didn't leave me."