XIII

Lloyd held on tight to his father, having just barely escaped the volcano with Kai. If it weren't for him, Lloyd would've died in there. He pulled away from his father and looked at him in disbelief, was he really here? Had Lloyd finally gotten his wish?

"Dad? Is it really you?" He asked and his dad smiled and pulled him in for a hug.

"It is, Lloyd, it's really me." His dad answered. Lloyd smiled and held on not wanting to let his father go. He spent years trying to get his dads attention by being a villain but it seemed he never had to do that in the first place.

"But then I figured it out." Lloyd heard Kai as he tuned back into the others around him. "Training to be the best ninja wasn't so one of us could be the green ninja, it was so we could protect him." Kai explained. The room went silent and Lloyd grew uneasy as he felt his dads arms release him. He looked around and saw that everyone was staring.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" He asked, confused at what was happening. Kai and Nya walked over with the golden weapons and let them go. They floated and produced a green aura in front of Lloyd.

"Lloyd is the green ninja!" His Uncle exclaimed. "I truly always thought it was one of you, but for it to be my nephew this whole time is a surprise."

"But then that means..." Lloyd's father trailed off, unable to say what everyone was coming to realize.

"I'm afraid it is so, brother, our family is divided even further." His Uncle confirmed whatever his father had realized.

"What?" Lloyd asked, not at all understanding the situation.

"Lloyd-" His Uncle began but was stopped by his father.

"Lloyd, son," His father knelt down in front of him. "You mean everything to me, I would, will, do anything to protect you. But there are two sides in this world and unfortunately we are on opposites even more so now than ever." Lloyd could feel tears welling up in his eyes as he started to understand. His father tried to wipe them away before he continued. "You are the green ninja, destined to be the protector and savior of Ninjago. I am Lord Garmadon, the enemy and villain of Ninjago. Which makes me your enemy." He pulled his son in for a hug. "I am going to leave now, though we are not on the same side, you will always be my son. I love you."

"I love you too, dad." Lloyd said as he wiped his tears and watched his dad leave. He ran from the room to his bed and laid down. He curled up and cried. He had just gotten his dad back and lost him all in the same moment. It wasn't fair. A knock at the door grabbed his attention.

"Lloyd?" It was Nya. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah." She walked in and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and he shook his head. "Do you want me to go?" She asked. He shook his head again. She sighed and just reached over and began running her fingers through his hair. He heard her start humming and it slowly turned into soft singing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray." He sat up and leaned on her while she pulled him in for a hug. "You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

__________

Harumi stood and watched as each of the ninja were put into their own cage. Originally there were only two cages but the Quiet One had made adjustments once he had captured five of them.

"The spider's in the house, sleep, sleep." She sang to herself, attempting to drown out the cries of protest. "The spider bit the mouse..." She continued the song through humming, walking by the cages.