Moving In

Chapter Four
-Moving In-

We found the room without seeing anyone again, and I popped my head into my new room after unlocking it. No one was in there, thank god, so I opened the door further and Kathy followed me in.
"Ooh, how boyish," Kathy murmured looking around the room that featured light blue walls with dark grey curtains.
"I bet they broke the budget decorating this bad boy," I muttered under my breathe and Kathy snorted as she dropped onto the vacant single bed and bounced up and down on it, testing its durability.
"Pretty sure, our beds are better," she said decidedly. "We should go down and get your stuff." she stood up again.

We trotted back down stairs and got half the stuff from the car. We were halfway through unpacking when we heard a key in the door. Kathy and I threw looks at each other and then back to the door that was now opening. Kathy threw me another look as the guy walked through the door, but stopped and stared at us.
"You must be my roommate," He said casually after recovering.
"Hey," I managed to get out. It was the guy I literally ran into. My roommate was the hot guy, I more or less ran over in my Kooks trance.
"Hi, I'm Kathy." Kathy grinned, offering her hand out.
"Jake," He replied, shaking her hand and then glanced towards me. Kathy noticed and we looked at each other as she said;
"This is..." she stopped. Not having discussed what my name was, we both were stumped. "This is...?" She trailed off again.
"Lockie," the name popped into my head so I figured I'd roll with it, "My name is Lockie."
"It's nice to meet you, man." Jake smiled, seemingly not having noticed our unease.
"We still have stuff in the car, so we're going to go get it now," Kathy told him, looking back at me and throwing her head towards the door. "C'mon baby," She told me. It took us two seconds to get out the door.
"Oh my god, your roommate is hot!" Kathy squealed at me.
"Oh my god, my roommate is hot!" I squealed back at her as we held each others forearms and jumped up and down excitedly. Jake popped his head of the room and we both stopped cold.
"Did you hear that?" he asked, looking down the corridor with a concerned look on his face.
"Hear what?" Kathy asked.
"Sounded like a cheerleading squad going beserk," he told us, looking down the corridor the other way.
"Oh, uh. That. That was..." Kathy glanced at me for help.
"That was... two girls walking down the hall, you know how girls are. Can't get them to shut up!" I rolled my eyes, playing it cool. Kathy nodded at him in confirmation. Jake stared at me, looking stunned, for a moment and then slowly glanced to Kathy. He gave me half head nod and a slight smile and went back into the room, closing the door again. "I think that went smoothly," I told Kathy and she nodded back at me seriously.
"Flawless," she agreed.

We got my stuff and headed back up to my room. On the way I filled Kathy in on how I already knew Jake.
"Oh, It's fate?!" She gasped, clapping happily.
"Fate, my ass," I grumbled. "He thinks I'm a guy, Kathy."
"Channing Tatum thought Amanda Bynes was a guy."
"Firstly, When they hooked up, it was as boy and girl," I told her. "Secondly, they were acting and it was a movie. Thirdly, I'm confiscating your 'She's The Man' DVD." As I said that, Kathy's bottom lip popped out with enough force to break a window.
"What about Angelina Jolie?" She asked after a moment.
"What about her?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at her.
"Well she dressed up as a guy in 'Salt' and her and Brad Pitt are as hot as ever."
"Brad Pitt wasn't even in 'Salt' and she was only a guy for like half a scene."
"Still counts," She muttered to herself and rolled her eyes at me.
"You're crazy."

**

"So, where are you from?" Jake asked as we unpacked my stuff.
"A small country town about three hours from here," I told him, trying to keep my voice deep and level. "How about you?"
"A big city about an hour from here," he replied.
"Oh, cool." Kathy nodded. "So, you're already used to all the noise around here all the time?" she laughed.
"Actually, I'm used to more noise. It's pretty quiet around here," Jake replied with a smile.
We spoke for a little while longer and Jake seriously didn't seem to notice that I was a girl pretending to be a guy. We soon excused ourselves, telling him that we were going to hang out in Kathys room and he waved us off, not suspecting a single thing...

... score!

Getting back to my real room, I dropped onto the bed and covered my eyes with my arm.
"This is going to kill me," I decided, Kathy giggled from her side of the room.
"It's so fun but! It's like the ultimate impromptu role play. I'm thinking of transferring into your class, just so I can try it."
"You have like, three offline classes on top of your full timetable!?" I laughed. "You're crazy for even considering it."
"But it would be so much fun!" she fell backwards onto her bed and sighed, "I guess I'll just have to be happy being your lover. That'll do, I guess."
"Hey! You should feel privileged that you're my lover!"
"But I could be so much more... like a brother!" she sat up on the bed. "I want to be your brother!"
"You're my girlfriend, Kathy and that's the way it'll stay. Because you know, no man can treat you as good as I do and you love me forever!" I scolded her and she pouted at me.
"Fiiine. I'm going to watch 'She's The Man' for inspiration. Want to join me?"
"God no. You really need to give that movie a rest," I laughed and she giggled with me as she turned on her laptop.