Adult Sized Playground

Chapter Twenty-Nine
-Adult Sized Playground-

We stumbled through the streets. I had red and white caution tape wrapped around my neck and Jake was sporting a very dapper traffic cone on his head.

"Wingardium levioser..." Jake exclaimed waving a tree branch at a cat that stopped in its tracked and stared curiously at the two of us before running off again.

"It's leviosa, not levioser," I exclaimed in a dramatic and very regal British manner.

"You don't say, old chap?" He asked in his own accent.

"Quite, good sir," I replied before skipping off towards an art sculpture. It was random and I didn't know what it was meant to actually be. It had a round ball in the middle and a ton of pipes wrapped around it, all twisted and tangled.

All I saw was an adult sized playground.

I climbed the structure and found myself a seat near the top. Jake was soon swinging off one of the pipes, before pulling himself up to complete several chin ups. Oh my god, he was devine. I watched his arms flex with his own weight as he made it all look so easy... And so tasty.

I licked my suddenly dry bottom lip as he dropped to floor and studied the art piece. I managed to just rein myself in as he climbed that poles and came to sit in his own spot so that we were facing each other.

"Ever considered being a gymnast?" He laughed, "this thing is kind of hard to climb."

"Shit no, that shit's for girls," I replied, letting my alter ego have too much control of my mouth as I pulled my girl lust back.

"Taylor used to do," he replied with a smirk.

"See what I mean?" I asked and he laughed.

"He always said it was to meet the flexible chicks."

"...or the flexible guys... Just sayin'" I held up my hand in defence as he laughed louder.

"Taylor is very much interested in girls, I promise," he told me, not meeting my eyes with his, instead looking just past me. His face told me he was miles away. "You know he once slept with my girlfriend?" His eyes sharply moved to look me dead in the eye. His face was serious and cold, not a glimpse of the Jake I liked best was currently sitting across from me.

"What?" I asked, genuinely taken back.

"Yeah," he laughed humourlessly. "Her and I had been best friends for ages and I thought I actually loved her," he sighed before rubbing his hand over his face.

"What happened?" I pressed him to continue.

"I finally grew the balls to ask her out and she said yes. The reason why I finally grew the balls was because she was going on holidays with some of our friends and I couldn't go. I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to find someone else and leave me hanging," his eyebrow quirked as he shook his head. "She found Taylor the first night," he snorted unamused.

"How'd you find out?" I asked, my voice coming out a little horse as I was steadily sobering up as this conversation continued.

"He got back after the week and pretty much the first conversation we had was about Milly," I nearly stopped breathing when he said her name. Milly. The girl that interrupted a make out session and apparently gave Taylor crabs. I was finally getting the story. I couldn't bring myself to move a muscle in case I scared him off and he changed the subject. "He started telling me about how they got drunk the first night and she was hanging all over him until they wound up in bed together," Jakes face was so grim and sad it made my eyes water with unshed tears. "He then went onto to inform me about all the other guys she messed around with during that week."