M

Ajs POV:

It's been a couple of days since I last saw Ruby. Nothing else happened but I've been up to my eyes in paperwork and then also being Shadow has left me drained. It's now Friday and I have to go back to school, not that I want to but Lena is on me about skipping. I swing until I reach the gates of my school. I ran into an alley before stripping out and putting on my jeans and leather jacket. Before I'm able to exit I get a call from an unknown number. I debated not answering before I clicked accept. "I know who you are" was all the caller said before hanging up. My eyes dart around before I try to get voice recognition from my watch, but that turns up empty handed when my watch says 'Unknown server disturbance'. Screw it, I'm going to Lena.

I swing as fast as I can to LCorp just to find the window broken. Oh God. I rushed in just to find a small spot of blood and a letter. I grab the letter and scan over the words.

Shadow Shadow Shadow...
See if I was you I'd try to find your beloved Lena however that's not happening. Want Lena you have to find me and to find me you have to out smart me. Since that won't happen here's a hint; The one that hides is the same that yells to the world.

Have fun Shadow - M
Ohhh and you have 3 days

My heart drops. I have three days to find Lena so I have to work fast. I ran out of the building and started swinging. The only words in my head are 'The one that hides is the same that yells to the world'. I swing as fast as I can to my office and climb into the window before shutting and locking all the entrances. I work until I find an answer, CatCo. It has to be they tell the media but the reporters stay mainly hidden. As I figure it out I hear a loud banging on my door. "SHADOW COME OUT NOW!" Alex shit they must have found Lena. I race out my window only to be stopped by Kara. "Kara please" I try to bargain but it goes unnoticed as she grabs me and flies to the DEO.

I got thrown into a holding cell as soon as I got there. I started banging on the glass and screaming. "KARA" and "LET ME OUT" were the only things I could come up with. Soon Kara comes in and injects me with a shot before letting me fall out of concussions.

Kara's POV:

We took Shadow into the DEO after Lena called about her running into the room and freaking out before bolting. Alex doesn't know what's wrong and by the looks of it, it isn't good. Alex and I are watching the cell before I turn to her, "What are we gonna do Al?" All I get is a shrug.

Suddenly Alex speaks up, "I need her blood to know for sure" I shot her a confused look before watching her march into the cell. "Wait Alex no!" but she is already in there with a syringe going to pull blood. Before she can lock the cell, the backup shadow is gone. I rushed and pulled Alex to me before scanning to see if she was still in there. The whole room came up blank. Oh No..

Back to Aj's POV:

I rushed out of there and straight to CatCo. I reached the roof only to find nothing but a letter. I opened it and read what was inside:

Shadow you have done it congrats. Though it is far from over. I heard you were quite fond of spiders and so for your next clue; Go to where darkness meets light, the area it first came to view.

Good Luck and don't let the spiders bite- M

That's it? That's not helpful at all. I go to swing off the edge but my webs don't come out and instead I feel a pull. I whip around to see a figure wearing a mask filled with smoke? Suddenly I'm pulled into a nightmare but this feels real, not like a dream. I take in my surroundings. I'm at a cemetery, there are bugs everywhere and I can't see around me. I take a couple of tentative steps forward so I can read the name but what I read brought chills down my spine, Adonis and Alcina Wulfric. I go to touch the grave when a hand reaches out from the ground. I take a step back in shock before scrabbling back when the zombified versions of my parents started rushing towards me. My father reaches to grab me but before he can I swat his hand away and continue to run and jump around the ther graves. I hit a dead end and fear is rushing through me like a train. I go for my webs again but again it comes up with nothing all I can hear is my hard breathing and my parents muttering about how I should have saved them. I push by and try to run and run but suddenly I get dragged to the floor with my face hitting the sidewalk. I snap out of the nightmare to come face first with a group of people looking at me with concern.

I take off again this time to an abandoned skate park. It was then when I whipped my mask off and started to silently cry. I bit my lip and pressed my head to the floor before I started sobbing. I whipped my eyes when I saw a text from Lena, 'Time is ticking down Shadow'. "FUCK" I screamed at the top of my lungs before throwing my phone as hard as I can against the wall. I slowly got up before pulling the letter from my back pocket and reading it again.

Lena's POV:

I don't know what is happening. First Aj comes in here as fast as possible and leaves just as fast, then she tries to fight Kara, she then escapes the DEO, and then I see she fell from the top of a roof. I did the only thing I could think of, I texted her "Aj please talk to me" but i got nothing back. Her suit is malfunctioning so I can't get an accurate location from it. Whatever is going on I hope ends soon enough.