• Appreciation •

🔪🫀

After checking the fridge and cabinets, it was clear they required more food and essential supplies. This would mean Katsuki would be gone for an hour or so.

He'd usually invite Izuku to go with him, but this time he simply told him he would be gone for a bit. It worried the greenette that perhaps since their last interaction, there's been a strain in their friendship. Especially since Katsuki had been acting a bit different.

Izuku couldn't help but worry about how things would be between then. He never had a fear that Katsuki would murder him, not anymore. If anything, he was more terrified of the idea of Katsuki never interacting with him anymore, that or acting like he usually did around him.

He didn't know why he backed away at that moment. He regretted it ever since it happened. But, it was only half a year since they met and moved in together. It felt too soon to say he loved him. Hell, it felt insane to think that. Maybe he really did become delusional after everything that's happened to him. Not that he cared about that anymore.

He needed to do something to fix things, but there was only so much he could do. Cleaning the house just wasn't enough, but it wasn't like he could leave and get him anything. Even if he could, he didn't know much about Katsuki other than that he enjoyed spicy food, loved hiking and taking nature walks, was a fan of slasher horror movies, obviously, and that his favorite holiday was Halloween. Also pretty obvious.

He could attempt to cook a spicy meal for him, but he knew the ingredients for it were limited or unavailable, hence why Katsuki left in the first place.

He could plan a nature walk they could go on together, but Katsuki knows more about the area than he does. Plus, all the supplies are in Katsuki's room and no one's allowed to go in there. He's never said it outright, but the warning signs on his door were enough for Izuku to figure out he couldn't go it there.

He was curious as to what was in there or why he couldn't go in. He figured that he had different assortments of weapons in there, but Katsuki seemed to always have a machete as his weapon of choice back in his slasher days.

Perhaps he literally had skeletons in his closet. But, it wouldn't make sense for him to keep any of his victims, especially since Katsuki seemed to have a disliking for them. Plus, all of the bodies were found in the scenes, except for Izuku's, of course. Even if he did, Izuku would be sure he'd smell a decaying corpse.

What was Katsuki hiding?

Izuku shrugged it off. It couldn't have been anything major. After all, Katsuki had been surprisingly honest with him. Maybe he was embarrassed about how his room looked or something along those lines.

Besides, he needed ideas on how to get Katsuki back to normal and he wasn't getting anywhere.

The next thing was his love of slasher films, but watching a movie didn't seem eventful. It would be more fun if they were dating so Izuku could lean against him and Katsuki would wrap a strong arm against his body. Then maybe they would...

Stop, stop, stop! I can't have thoughts like that! We're just good friends!

Izuku waved his arms around to clear away the imaginary thought clouds above his head.

The last option was Halloween. He could start decorating for that. After all, it was a month away and it was never too early for Halloween. The only thing was figuring out what kind of Halloween decor Katsuki had and where he kept it...