The Lust Ring

{Flashback}

"Alright, class... Our subject of today is going to be future jobs." The teacher announced, lazily.

"Ooh!" The class, consisting entirely of Hellhound pups, said excitedly.

"Now, since we're all Hellhounds, including me, our jobs are very limited. You'll be underpaid, disrespected, and harassed. But...! There's nothing we can do about it so all we can do is just grin and bare it."

"Miss Pembrooke! What jobs can we have?" One of my classmates said, curiously.

"Well... when you're older, you will be sent to an adoption centre and adopted by a demon of a higher status than you. Then, it's up to them to choose what you do."

"Once you're adopted, you could be a servant, a bodyguard, a pet, a pup teacher, a... Actually... that's about it."

"If by any chance nobody wants to adopt you by the time you're 18, then you'll be able to go free off into Hell to find some... 'other'... form of work, whatever that may be. But since that will be so difficult, you will most likely end up homeless.

"Oh..." The class said in unison.

...

"I want to be famous!" Y/n said, her tail wagging with excitement.

The class began to laugh hysterically, even the teacher.

After calming down a bit, Miss Pembrooke spoke up again.

"Excuse me...? You...! You want to become famous!?" She said, pointing at me.

"Y-Yeah...? What about it?" I asked, innocently.

"Sorry, Y/n, But that's the most unrealistic dream I've ever heard!! You... actually want to be famous!? Looked up upon!?" Miss Pembrooke began laughing again, including the rest of the class.

I slumped back in my chair, covering my face in shame.

"Get real, Y/n! Your gonna be just as disrespected by society as the rest of us!" My classmate said as he punched my shoulder, proceeding to laugh.

A tear fell down my face.

"I... I'm sorry for... dreaming so big, I won't do it again, I p-promise...!" I said, wiping away the tear with my sleeve.

"Good. Now, onto the next subject, Sex Ed."

{10 years later}

{End of flashback}

"I... I'm free...?" I asked, hopefully.

"Yes, you're 18, you're free. Congrats. Get the fuck out! We have a new load of pups coming here in less than an hour!" The shelter owner said, carelessly.

"Y-Yep! I'm going!" I said excitedly.

I quickly packed my stuff, including my clothes and some food. I then walked to the front office where the shelter owner was there, at her desk.

"I... I can't believe I'm actually free. Free to do whatever I want! Free to-"

"I didn't ask. You're no different from any other Hellhound. Now leave!"

"Ok... Ok... Sorry...!" I quickly ushered myself out of the building.

I took a deep breath of the slightly sweet air of the Gluttony Ring.

"Well! This is what I'm gonna call home...!"

"Not! Ok! What're the other rings like!?" I said, eagerly jumping up and down in place.