chapter 3

nicks pov:
when i came home i heard clay talking, it was most definitely with george. I went to my room and joined the discord. "oh hey nick, where the hell have you been all day?" clay asked
"hey i was at the skate park and then i was on my way home when i met this girl so we have spent the rest of the time together." i said knowing what will come next. "oooh nicks had a date nick was with a girl omg nick is not a virgin anymore hahaha" the were both screaming at once. "i bet he's lying george" dream stopped laughing and tried to be serious but after a few seconds he again bursted laughing. Yep here it is. "you guys are idiots, i'm going to sleep bye."i was tired and didn't have the energy to argue so i just left the call and headed to bed.

nica's pov:
When i woke up i procrastinated for a bit and because mave will arrive tonight i cleaned our whole house. In every room was blasting loud music. Eminem, quadeca, jack harlow were the main creators in this playlist with some other. I literally listen to everything, i also love bob marley, hiphop, rap, rock... music.

when was the whole house clean and nothing left to do I thought about going out with leslie and matt but they both couldn't. One more option was hang out with nick, maybe go skating idk. it's sad that my only friend was mave for a long time and then fortunately two other started talking with me.

I went to his house, kinda nervous, and knocked on the door. Tall blonde guy opened and looked at me.
"Hi you must be clay! i'm nica, is nick here?"
"oh yeah hi, he is not here but he will arrive in ten minutes you can stay here if you want."
"i live right next door so i can just leave"
"oh no stay here im bored and we could just get to know each other"
"we can do that, i forgot that you guys are nerds and propably don't have any friends so move i'm going in." i laughed
"wow, just wow you are rude do you know that?" still standing in the door way he screamed at me. i was already in his living room jumping on the sofa.

"do you also skate?" was the first question that popped to my mind.
"no, i would broke every bone in my body if i put my legs on that devils toy"
"hey! it's not a toy!"
"if you think so."
"and where exactly is nick anyways?" i asked clay who was making us some drink in the kitchen. when he was coming back he replied "oh he went to an airport to pick up some friends who are going to stay here for couple of weeks."
"oh my god you should have said that earlier, i don't want to be here or go out with nick when there will be your friends!" i panicked and got up from the couch."lmao i've just realised that you don't have friends and this was a massive lie!" he rolled his eyes. "it's not a problem, they all are so extroverted that some new person would not be a burden or anything you'll be fine." he winked trying to reassure me.
"nah maybe next time now i am leaving, it was nice talking to you clay, byee!" i got up from the sofa and when i was opening the front door of his house, nick opened it right before me.
"oh hi what the hell, what are you doing here?" nick said obviously really confused.
"i wanted to hang out but i don't have your number, so i had come to your house, clay opened the door and we were talking and then he said your friends were coming so i headed home because i didn't want to bother you" his friends just came to the door "oh hi i didn't know anyone else would be here" one of the two said "don't worry i was just leaving enjoy yourselves with these dummies, i'm going home bye!" walking out of the door all of the guys were saying bye to me

when i arrived home mave was already there. "Hello mamma" i greeted my dearest friend. "I am soooo tired" mave said from the dining table eating her pasta.  "then go to sleep idiot, i will tell you everything later"
"what does that even mean, i wasn't here for not even two days, what could have happened?"
"i'll tell you tomorrow"

in the morning i told mave how i fell on my ass and my skate rode in the way of another boy making him fall also. How i made this boy my new friend and that later that day i figured that he lives next door!

Clays pov:
After jackbox stream with karl and alex, we didn't really have anything to do. i suggested that we can make a campfire outside and grill something. The guys also thought it was a good idea. karl and nick went shopping for some meat, vegetables and pastry. Me and alex were preparing chairs and table and everything around fire. "who was that girl?" quackity asked. "oh that was a friend of nick, he met her two days ago and they've spend one day skating and then they were at her place. She lives next door. i think nick likes her" we were sitting next to our swimming pool, talking. "ooh we should invite them for the party man" he suggested. "that actually isn't a bad idea! let's go knock at her door." So we went, it would be a little surprise for nick and karl, especially for nick.
after the knock, a blonde girl opened the door, not nica "hello i'm clay, you must be nica's roommate right?"
"yeah, i'm mave nice to meet you!" she replied smiling "Veronica! your friends are here!" she turned around to yell into the house. "you are nick i suppose" mave asked alex while we were waiting for nica to come downstairs
"no no, my name's alex! i'm their friend."
"nice to meet you alex!" her pretty smile appeared on her face again. I was staring at her, she was pretty. "oh hello clay aaand..?" nica didn't know quackity either so we introduced them
"we are going to grill and do a campfire and i though it would be nice to invite you so if you want you are welcome! a small party where will be nick, alex our other friend karl and the best...Me!" "so do you want to come?" quackity added. Nica was thinking "mave? would you like to go to their house for a bit?" "i meaan yeah why not, we would've order some food instead and this is nicer""should we bring something like more food or drinks?" mave wanted to know "oh we have everything but you can take something if you want!" alex winked making us all laugh a bit

we left them to change their clothes and headed back to the house. Nick and Karl were there waiting. "what the heck guys, where the hell have you been?!" nick asked a little angry. "don't worry bout it man, heat the grill up!"
After ten minutes, our bell rang and alex ran to the door. Two girls appeared with a bag containing some drinks. "hello guys! hi nick!" Nica shouted. "nica this is karl, karl meet nica. also nick and karl this is mave! Mave this is karl and nick! " i introduced them all.
"so that's where you've been!!" karl realised. "welcome!, make yourselves comfortable" he giggled

Talking, eating, drinking, laughing that's what was pretty much happening all evening.
"So Nica is just a nickname for Veronica?" karl asked
"yes sir! My friends call me a lot of nicknames, nick you know them right? Leslie and matteo?"
"oh yeah the two who were skating with you the first day we've met?"
"yes these two, they call me ronnie, Ve, veru and whatever their heads can think of. Mave tell them the story behind your name! i love it"
"yes tell us Mave!" the guys shouted at once
"so my father was also a pilot and his favourite film was, and i suppose still is, Top gun" she smiled telling the story, nica was already laughing "and the main character is called maverick! i bet he would name me maverick if i was a boy" we were all laughing "no fucking way" "that's so cool" Nica laughed with them and i think she heard that story for the thousand time. "you guys have so basic names it's disgusting"
"hey! that's mean VeRoNiCA!" alex mocked her name
"no excuse me but Nick? clay? these two are really boring, karl is nice i guess and alex is nice name but so many other people have it, it's not helping that girls can be named alex too!"
"yeah you're right, i love my name but everybody has it! so not cool" alex agreed with nica's statement
"im still offended!" nick shouted at nica
"not my problem" she didn't care at all. nick stood up and went in the direction where she sit. he took her so that she was hanging on his shoulder.
"nick what are you doing!?! put me down! put me down" she was repeating so many times but it was useful. Her mouth shout when her body was falling into the pool.
"you are so dead" she looked deep into nicks eyes, he started running and she was after him. Nick gave up and jumped to the pool, she was already wet so she jumped after him. Everyone was dying from laughing so much!

"it's kinda late, we should head home. thank you for your invitation it was nice!" Mave said and we all said our goodbyes.

that was nice. i was laying in my bed thinking about seeing the girls more often, especially mave. she was funny and pretty and i wanted to he to know her better.