01 - A New Day

Delilah's POV

"Ah, my back hurts, even on our private jet" I exclaimed as Joe laughed, along with Charlotte

It has been a few hours since we got on the plane, we picked up Charlotte, grandmother's right hand, and along with her my best friend and her niece, Mikayla.

"Well maybe if you didn't sleep like the way you were, your neck wouldn't have hurt" Mickey, Mikayla's nickname. Her aunt nodded and grandmother just laughed at our antics. She may be the queen, but she is also my grandmother. She is one proper woman, but she is also very fun, like how she loves to watch fashion shows with me, and eat ice cream at night with Mickey, Braedon, and I.

"We will be landing shortly," Joe said as we all put our seatbelts on, and I clenched the seat as we made a slightly bumpy landing. Once the door opened you were shot with a warm beaming light of sun, and I could smell the crisp ocean waves.

"SMILE!!" I turned around and shot a beautiful smile as Mickey took a photo of me with her old school Polaroid.

Joe gathered the workers, and they got our things in order, Charlotte made sure our car was ready as me and Mikayla were looking around

"It really is different than Genovia, look at those people and oh my gosh, it's a trolley. I read about those in school, I didn't think I would get to see one" Mikayla ranted as everyone just laughed at how excited she was about a transportation.

"Okay well let's go to the new house for the moment, Lia darling, it will be fine. We got a nice town car and Joe is driving" grandmother said as she walked me to the car, and I felt my breathing stop as Joe walks to the door, opened it and I slowly take my hand into his, but I still couldn't breathe, Mikayla walked up to me and rubbed my back.

"Lia, will you be, okay?" she asked me as I tried to nod, I knew we weren't back in Genovia, where I could just ride my horse, Smokey to where I need to be. Here you either had to walk, bike, or drive. Walking would take too much time, and I don't have the stamina for it, and I do not have a bike here.