07 - The Makeover

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

I walked into the ballroom, one of many in this building. I heard music and headed further in, I saw Mia, grandmother, Joe, and Braeden. I walked by the trash bin and threw out scraps of paper, most of which are filled with numbers from Lana and her little crew. They keep giving their numbers so that we can "hang out" aka she wants to mooch off my money. I wasn't born yesterday; I know how to spot one of those annoying sewer rats. Joe and Mia were dancing, and I slid over to Braeden who was swaying with the music.

 Joe and Mia were dancing, and I slid over to Braeden who was swaying with the music

"It's a wango?" Mia asked as I looked at Braeden.

"What's going on here?" I asked as he looked over and quickly grabbed my hand.

"A dance, my princess?" he asked as I laughed and danced with him. He pulled me out and I spun and then back into his arms and he dipped me graciously.

"See that is how the you do it" grandmother said as Mia groaned and Brae brought my back up.

"Mia, you gotta remember that I've been trained in this for like ever, and I mean toddler 3 years old type of training," I said as she laughed, the thought of a little me dancing like this made her laugh. Braeden and I kept dancing, and we watched as Mia spun too hard and hit Joe's chest.

"I-- No, no. No, no, no, no." she said as she tried to run away from this but Joe knew that she could do it and she was just scared. He held her hand and brought her back.

"Try again. One more spin. No. Very quickly, now pull away. That's it. Good. Good attitude. Spin in." He spoke to her softly as they did it again and Mia spun in softer this time and she did it.

"Good." he said as she had her eyes closed.

"I did it?" she asked as she opened her eyes that she shut when she spun in.

"Yes." Joe, Braeden and I all said as she got excited and looked at grandmother.

"Grandma, I spun without hurting anyone!" Braeden and I choked on our salvia at the way she worded it. But grandmother smiled at her, "that's very good news."