06 - 007

Braeden's POV

Braeden's POV

"And I'm on the verge of becoming a nutcase, and my parents think I need an attitude adjustment." The one in a weird ponytail spoke to the poofy hair one that is supposed to be Delilah's older half-sister.

"What are they saying?" I rolled my eyes as I was paired with Mikayla as Queen Clarisse asked us to spy on her friend, Lily Mos- whatever. She is her best friend, and we can learn about how Mia goes about her day to day and will dish what she is feeling.

"Mika you are leaning into my rib" I shouted at her, but the damn girl didn't listen to me, instead she pushed my head down and she looked out the window. I was finally able to move and shoved her back into her seat. Joe was laughing as he watched us try to be stealth.

"Whoa. Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I looked back to see the two girls almost fall back, riding their little scooters up the hill.

"Sorry. Yeah, so my dad wants to take me out to dinner tonight, just the two of us. We ran out of things to talk about when I was eight." Lily said as Mia looked away and shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, at least your dad's still alive." Mia said as Mika and I looked at each other hearing her say those words. We both know that the death of Mia and Delia's father was hard, mostly for Delia, she was there when he died. They were taking a drive on her 15th birthday, and they got T-boned by some guy who was drunk at the wheel. The car flipped over, and the ME says that Prince Philippe was semi alive, but died halfway as they were trying to get the car up. Delia remembered seeing the light go out in his eyes as she cried for her dad to be okay, his last words were that he loved her and would be watching over her. After that, Mikayla, Finn, and I tried to be there for her, but she shut down. It wasn't until Mikayla brought little Carolina from the orphanage to play with her, that she got better.

"Hey. I thought you'd gotten over that. It's been, what? Two months?" Mikayla got angry as we heard Mia's so-called best friend talk that way about the death of Prince Philippe. I literally would feel the growl that came out of her small ass body, Joe looked back and made a chuckle as she sounded like a dog, growling at other dogs or squirrels.

"Some friend, who talks that way, it only has been two months," Mika said as I nodded and Joe drove a bit closer, but not so much that Mia would recognize the car. She would instantly pick out the Genovian flags that were always on the car.

"I know, I know. But, after all, he was my dad." Mia said as her friend just rolled her eyes and looked back at her.

"Biologically, yes, but you never met the man. Just a nice card and gift on your birthday for 15 years?" I didn't even need to hear anymore and told Joe to go back home to the consulate, I know that we had to pick up Delilah at school, so we had a lot to talk to her about.

"I do not like the way that so-called friend, spoke of Delia's father. Prince Philippe, Prince meaning royal blood. What would that rat peasant know about anything, more so of family like did you hear the way she spoke about her own father who wanted to spend time with her?!" Mika said as I agreed.