Heartbeat

'Good morning aviators' I hear Maverick's voice through comns

'Watch our back Rose'

'Sure thing, you alright there Ams'

'Yeah, perfectly fine'

'Today's lesson is practicing dogfighting skills'

'Rose, if Maverick comes out of nowhere as usual hold on tight' I beg her, it was a nice morning until Maverick started to speak with Bradley and last night still on my mind.

'Phoenix, how you holding up over there and be careful Maverick has a tendency to pop up out of nowhere' I warn Nat as I don't want her to get out.

'Greetings'

'Oh Fuck'

'ROSE, WELL DONE, NOW WATCH OUT'

'WHAT' Maverick flew up in between me and Nat.

I hear Nat asking Bob if he is ok before flying around as Maverick chases her.

'Not on my watch' A tint of anger was laced in with my words.

'Come on Sharpshot, take the shot'

'I can't Rose. Switching to guns'

'Almost, almost.'

'Too late had your chance' Maverick flew right by us and in retaliation I slam the plane up into the direction of the sun for cover.

'AMS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING'

'I'M WINNING ROSE, THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING'

'Oh' I feel the sadness in her voice but my anger is beyond helping her now.

I fly out of the eye of the sun and invert the plane to get a good look for Nat and I spot her getting chased very close to the hard deck aka 5000ft.

'AMS, ROSE I NEED SOME HELP HERE'

'On our way, bank a hard left when I tell you Phoenix'

We dive down to 5250ft just above Maverick and I start to aim for him.

'3'

'2'

'1'

'BANK LEFT PHOE'

My aim is almost on Maverick but he flies up and we go through his jet wash.

'AMS, WE FLEW THROUGH HIS JET WASH'

No, this can't be happening.

'RIGHT ENGINE OUT'

'NO, EXTINGUISHING RIGHT ENGINE'

'AMS WE NEED ALTITUDE'

I pull us up with all my might probabky denting the handle but that's the last thing on my mind.

'SHARPSHOT DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER, YOUR LEFT ENGINE IS ON FIRE' I hear Maverick but it's too late I used the left engine.

'Oh, god. EXTINGUISHING LEFT ENGINE'

'AMS-'

'I KNOW I KNOW.'

'SHARPSHOT YOU CAN'T SAVE THE PLANE, EJECT NOW'

'NO, I can save this plane and us'

'AMS YOU CAN'T' Rose shouts at me but I can't hear her my mind blocks out everything and just focuses on saving the plane and us.

'NO, DAMMIT' Phoenix shouts but again it's just a whisper.

'AMY LET US EJECT, I WON'T LEAVE YOU' another whisper.

'AMY, EJECT' I hear Bradley's voice as if it surrounded me like a blanket and it wakes my brain.

'ROSE'

'AMY FINALLY'

1000ft

'Pull up, pull up' I hear the system scream.

'EJECTING'

'NOW'

Me and Rose fly up into the sky and our parachutes explode open.

The wind caught us in different directions and I flew away from the base whereas Rose flew towards and I watch at my failed attempt to save the plane explode.

When I reach the ground, black surrounds me only just after I hear Bradley's voice shouting 'AMY' through comms.

(A/N hope you like this chapter it's kind of like what happened to Phoenix in the movie but just with Amy and Rose and they fly through the jet wash not a bird strike similar to the original when goose dies)