cheater - itzy sixth member - part two (requested)

The knock on the studio door caused a long breath to fall from your lips.

Wiping away the tears on your cheeks, you sniffled before going over to answer it.

You opened it a crack and peeled outside and to your surprise, you saw Ryujin standing there.

"Hey." She mumbled quietly, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. "Can I come in?"

"It's our studio. Of course you can." You said, chuckling quietly as you opened the door all the way.

You saw that her hands were full, which answered the question in your mind about why she didn't just put the code in and let herself in.

"I stopped on the way at that spot you like to grab you a shake."

"At four am?" You asked as a small smile pulled at your lips.

"They cheer you up. You need that right now." She said before handing you the one in her right hand.

"Thank you." You said before taking a few sips of it and sitting back down in the empty seat. "You knew I'd still be here, huh?"

"Yeah. You love to write songs and I figured this would be one of the situations where you'd be inspired to write something. I had a feeling you wouldn't put that pen down until you had no choice."

You stared at your lap as she took a seat in one of the chairs and slowly scooted closer to you.

"I'm so sorry."

You quickly lifted your head and stared at her in confusion.

"I had no idea that you and Yeji were together. Before we started kissing, she never said anything about it."

"It's not your fault. You didn't know." You said and at your words, she relaxed a little. "It's her fault. She's the only one to blame."

"Are you going to forgive her? I know it must not be easy but we're in contract for years and the thought of things being weird between you two for that long makes me feel weird."

"For the group? Yeah. But behind closed doors, between me and her, I don't know."

She nodded her head before lowering it.

"I'm sorry she hurt you like that."

"Me too. I liked her a lot. We were getting serious, kinda. I thought that, maybe, we were the one for each other."

Ryujin watched as you smiled a little as you thought back to the good times you and Yeji shared.

But then, she watched tears fill your eyes as the memory of tonight rushed back and the thought of you as a couple shattered.

"I don't know what I did wrong." You sniffled and Ryujin got out of the chair to get up and go over to you.

She just wanted to hug you.

You needed that right now.

You cried a little harder, feeling the heartbreak intensify as the good memories with your now ex-girlfriend were washed away and replaced with sadness and pain.

Ryujin didn't know what to say so she just hugged you and blinked away the tears she felt as she realized how much everything changed in a matter of hours.

You didn't want to pull away because you needed the comfort that your friend was giving you.

But the sound of Yeji's voice surprised you and not in a good way.

"Y/N?"

You and Ryujin pulled away from each other, staring at Yeji across the room.

"Ryujin, can you go? I want to talk to Y/N." Yeji asked with a quiet and shaky voice.

"No, Ryujin, stay." You said and any thoughts Ryujin had about leaving to give you and Yeji space disappeared.

Your sadness was gone, replaced with anger as you stared at Yeji in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?"

"I told you. I want to talk."

"Well, I don't!" You said.

"We can't act like this never happened. We live with each other, work with each other, and see each other every day. Sooner or later, we have to talk."

She was right about that.

So, unwillingly, you agreed.

"Fine."

"I just want you to know how sorry I am. I feel so awful about what happened. I don't even know what to say other than I'm sorry."

"I just want to know why." You said. "I don't understand what I did to deserve to be cheated on."

"Nothing." She quickly said. "You did absolutely nothing wrong. This was all my fault. I take full responsibility for it. I won't make excuses. It's all me."

You lowered your head as Yeji fought back tears, wishing she could hold you and comfort you.

"I really liked you, Yeji. I thought you might be the one. But now... I don't know what to do or say. I can't even look at you right now."

She sniffled as her lip trembled, swearing that she has never felt so guilty in her life.

"I'm sorry, baby, truly. I'm so very sorry."

"Please, Yeji. Don't call me that anymore."

That shattered her heart even more.

As if the words were any easier to say than they were to hear.

It broke your heart too.

"What can I do to make this up to you?"

"Go." You sniffled.

"What?"

"Just go away, Yeji. I need some space. We have practice in a couple of hours. I need some time to collect my thoughts and feel better before then. So please just go."

She looked at Ryujin, who wordlessly nodded her head at Yeji.

"Okay. Just know that I'm truly sorry and if I can, I'll find a way to make this better. I'll do anything."

She left the studio, closing the door quietly behind her before Ryujin pulled you into her arms as you crumbled once more.

And Yeji just sat outside on the floor, crying as she realized how badly she messed up and how she'd ruined the greatest thing to ever happen to her.