First Day

'Everybody is new when you're first learning. Don't let other people's frustration stop you from doing something you want.'

I was already in the kitchen with coffee when Adrianno walks in. He walks over to me, kissing my forehead.

"You're nervous. Don't be princess."

"I've had one job in my life and that was a diner. This is different, if people look like you. Then I am definitely not going to fit in. What if I break something?" He let's out a laugh and I look at him.

"It's cute when you ramble. I will pay for whatever you break. If anyone gives you trouble, Nico will be there."

"Always." I look at Nico walk into the kitchen.

"Oh, I made breakfast wraps."

"I'm going to work early every day if you're cooking." The drive was silent, we pull in a parking garage. I get out and meet up with Lexi. "Okay ladies, let me show you where you'll be working." The inside was shiny, sleek and modern. I didn't want to touch anything. We make it to a food court style cafeteria, but much more expensive.

"This is pretty." Lexi walks up to all the equipment, I can't help but smile when I see her smile. "Oh Jess, this is amazing." She gives me a hug, I spend time getting familiar with the machines and registers. Lexi is baking, I set up the displays.

"What do you think?" She looks at the display case, I wrap her in a hug when I see tears in her eyes. "Lex, you did it. How about you make the first pot of coffee?" She makes the first pot of coffee. I look at Hunter walk up and he's looking at Lexi, so I take a step back while she makes his coffee.

"I'll see you later wildcat." He gives her a smile as he walks away, she looks at me and her cheeks turn red.

"It's not what you think."

"Lexi, I am in no position to judge you at all."

"Does it get better?" We serve person after person.

"Some days I still get nervous. Especially if it's Luca and Nikola together. Those two, dangerous." She let's out a laugh.

"Sounds like Hunter and Ethan, Theo is sweet."

"That's my Stefano and Nico, except when it comes to my butt." She let's out a laugh.

"What so funny?" We both turn around to Luca and Nikola.

"Nothing." I say to quickly and Luca gives me a look, I just look at him. I make them both a coffee.

"Just because you're at work, don't mean we won't punish you. It actually makes it easier." He whispers in my ear, I see the dangerous smirk on his face. I look over at Nikola. Oh god, I'm in trouble.  They both walk away, I look at Lexi.

"I have a feeling I'm going to get into so much trouble."

"A good trouble." I see her smiling, we got busy around 7a and didn't stop for a few hours.

"You two look like you could use some lunch." A guy puts a plate in front of us full of pasta. "I'm Leon, I work at LaMarico's." He points to the other end, it was like a cute Italian restaurant.

"Thank you." Lexi makes him a coffee. We split the pasta, I take a bite and look at her. "It's good, Stefano's is better."

"I love it when you say my name." Stefano walks up to me and kisses my forehead. "What's that?"

"Leon brought us lunch, want to try?"
Stefano looks at the food with disgust.

"Who is Leon?" I look at him.