5.

:  falling in love with your neighbor :
.. Jungkook as your neighbor ..

— 🤍 —

: moving in ; 13 years old :

Y/N

"Jeon Jungkook...Jungkook Jeon..." I whisper to myself, trying to remember the name as I made my way across the street to the house. A container of homemade tteokbokki pressed against my chest.

"Jungkook... Jeon." I whisper to myself once again before ringing the bell.
I hear the door click a few times before opening, a boy around my age stares down at me. He was awfully tall, standing around 5'5.

His eyes are pretty. Was all I could think of when I stared into his big round doe eyes.
"Hi, I'm your neighbor! Lee Y/n." I smile, offering him a palm to which he gladly took— shaking it firmly.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook."
"I heard."

He chuckles at my response. God I sounded like some stalker.

"My parents made some tteokbokki and we had a ton left over." I hand him the tupperware, a small blush forming on my face when his hand grazes over mine.
It was a quick moment of skinship, but it didn't fail to give me butterflies.

"Ah... I have some things I need help brining up to my room..." Jungkook turns to look back inside his new home. "Want to help?"

"Of course!"

: ignoring eachother ; 16 years old :

"Why won't you talk to him?" My mom pats my back, my cheek pressing against the palm of my hand as I lazily ate my food.
"Hes being an idiot! He embarrassed me infront of the whole school, mom!" She laughs at my wild gestures, trying to get all my anger out all at once.

"That was weeks ago. His mom said he was pretty upset that you weren't talking."
"He is?..." I stare down at my nearly finished plate. I did miss talking to Jungkook, I just didn't think he cared as much as I did. "I'm going to text him, I'll be back!" I run up to my room, grabbing my phone from its charging port to unblock Jungkook.

"What should I say?..."

My fingers typed out a few messages, deleting them after a while of thought for each.

Hello
Delete
Hey, how are you?
Delete
Hi kook!
Delete
Y/n: Jungkoooook hiiiii
Delete

"Y/n! Your boyfriend is here!!" I hear my dad call out from downstairs. I roll my eyes at his obnoxious jokes, heading downstairs to see Jungkook standing at the front door, his face all red as he holds out bouquet of flowers. "No monkey business." My dad whisper yells to me as he walks back to help my mom in the kitchen.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I cross my arms, trying to keep my 'I hate you' attitude toward him.
Jungkook's hand reaches up to scratch the nape of his neck, awkwardly pushing the flowers to my chest.

"I'm apologizing. Duh..." I raise a brow at him, taking the flowers that I hated to admit, smelt absolutely divine.
"With flowers? Thats something couples do." I tease, punching his shoulder lightly.
"Whatever, just forgive me." He groans, "this is really embarrassing."