Embarrassed

Lena was back at Brandon's home and she'd called her mom to let her know. Her mom said it was fine but to text her sister when she needed to be picked up or let her know if she's taking the public bus. The big and sprawling suburban detached mini mansion always reminded her that Brandon's parents are well off. And together, she saw those family photos when she visited for the jam session before. Lena looked at the manicured lawn and topiaries and knocked. Her mom maybe divorced but they lived in a beautiful loft and are well off too. They are a unit. There was no reason to be anxious but somehow she was.

"Hi! Mrs.Jackson is Brandon here?."

"He is in his room. And May I ask your name?."

"Oh...sorry My name is Lena Miroslav. Pleasure to meet you."

"Lovely to meet you as well. Come on in and go on up. Just let him know he's goofing off with that guitar of his."

"Course."

Lena stepped inside and took her shoes off at the entry way to the house.

"Oh no dear you can leave your shoes on if you like."

"Oh I'm sorry it's a habit we always take our shoes off and wear socks or have slippers."

"Ah well that's considerate of you."

Lena put her shoes back on and hurried upstairs and Brandon's mom said his room was down the long hallway and to the right. She didn't say long hallway but it was and Lena heard the strumming of his guitar and Brandon was murmuring or was he signing. Lena didn't want to eavesdrop but she was curious. So she slowed her footsteps and cautiously approached the cracked door frame.

"Maybe you'll be the one who saves me,just maybe you can be the one who saves me (oooh). Could you be my lady."

Brandon had a raspy and deep voice he sounded passionate? Was this for a girl. Oh god of course it was. Lena made her way back and turned to just leave. This was the equivalent to reading a diary and she felt awful for not knocking and making herself known. But Brandon's mom hollered and Lena felt herself freeze like a deer in headlights.

"Lena did you want something to drink? We have cola or 7up!?."

Brandon's door opened and the horror shared by both was obvious. Lena yelled back that she was fine and a thank you for the offer. Brandon's mom simply said alright. Lena just stood there but Brandon then motioned his hand for her to come in and so she slowly went in and he closed his door very quietly.

"How much did you hear."

"Just the end part! I swear and I'm so sorry!."

"Why are you here."

"I-I just wanted to come talk to you because you haven't returned my calls...if I caused the fight I'm so sorry."

"I just...I didn't know how to explain...about the love note you got."

"Alison set it up to make me look stupid."

"Who told you?."

"Blaze...he isn't subtle but he didn't know he was waiting for me so bonus for what's left of my dignity."

"Lens I'm so sorry I just don't know why I did that. Hitting him. I got overprotective over you and I'm sorry."

"It was scary...but I forgive you and thank you for standing up for me... nice room you got here."

Lena looked around at the large room that looked like a master bedroom but then again this house was large so. The walls were painted white with posters of Jimi Hendrix,Eddie Van Halen,Slash and Keith Richards. There was a gaming set up with an Xbox and PlayStation. A gaming PC near the large nook window that had book cases opposite of it. It was nice and sunny in his room. Lena looked over to where his queen bed was and the wall had been soundproofed which she just assumed was because he practiced in here sometimes. Then on the metal bars of his queen bed at the top end bar was a pair of silver handcuffs. Lena's eyes popped out and she looked at Brandon and looked at the handcuffs. She laughed it off thinking these were a Halloween prop for a cop costume,they couldn't possibly be real. Brandon was strumming a G and then an E cord so he was distracted. Lena got up and went over to touch them.

"Are you gonna arrest someone with-."

They were HEAVY! Oh dear oh god she felt her soul leave her body. She just realized she was in a boys room. A boys soundproofed room. But this was Brandon and they were buddies. She shouldn't of touched his things but he was smiling at her and placed his acoustic guitar on the stand and came over to her. Lena liked his smile but this one made her nervous.

"Let's leave these here."

"R-right I'm so sorry!."

"Haha it's all good."

"Hahahaha."

Lena sat at the edge of the blue comforter and at the edge of the bed. She was hyper aware that Brandon was a boy. But she wanted to just make it go back to being silly like it was a little bit ago. But she kept glancing at the big metal handcuffs and her mind wandered to thoughts that weren't friend ones. Had Brandon had sex already? Was it really everyone. Lena felt weird about it. Was she the only virgin? Well it's good for him that he has if he did right? Was it fun? Lena completely dazed out and was staring at the wall where there was a family photo of him and his parents and little brother in Hawaii.

"Lens are you here? Helllooooooo."

"Huh."

"Is this about the handcuffs."

"Are you a virgin!."

"I...wow...um...."

"Sorry I...I guess I. It's none of my business."

"I'm a virgin..."

"You're lying! Mr.Handcuffs! And soundproofed room."

"Haha I rehearse in here sometimes...I...I was hooking up with a girl but last summer we broke up. We did...nothing...ok..."

"Oh..was she the one who liked to be cuffed..."

"We both liked that."

"Ah...cool cool..."