⁰²

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Right after the funeral, the five girls went to the Apple Rose Grill to talk about what would happen next. Being so late at night, they were the only people there except for a few other night stragglers. 

"So are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" Katherine asks taking a sip of the tea she had ordered. 

Aria nods at her question, "Yeah, why was Jenna there?" Spencer shrugs, "I guess she's back."

"That cop acted like we were suspects or something." Hanna says giving a small side eye to Katherine who returns it when talking about Wilden.

Emily's eyes widen in slight panic, "Do you think we looked guilty?" 

Aria bends her head down as to not be overheard, "Why would we? We haven't done anything wrong." 

"Except lie about the Jenna thing." Hanna says and Katherine sits up with a slight glare, "We don't talk about that okay. We made a promise, nothing happened." 

Hanna takes out a flask and unscrews the cap as Aria speaks with a curious tone, "Have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night."

"Aria, it was an accident." Spencer pleads as to stop talking about it. Katherine looks around before nudging Hanna to pour some of her alcohol into her cup, which the blonde does before pouring it into her own. 

As Hanna closes the flask again, she looks up seeing an older gentleman look at her suspiciously. Hanna offers him a sweet smile, "It's medicinal." He however continues to give her a judging look. "Cramps!" she snaps making him look away a little uncomfortable. 

"I don't get it. How does A know something about me that only Alison knew?" Emily asks talking about the almost kiss she and Maya shared. 

"Exactly, and A knows something that no one knew, not even Ali." Katherine says making all the girls share a look. 

"Ali knew all of our secrets, but we didn't know any of hers." Aria says making them all nod in agreement except for Spencer. 

"I knew some." her words makes them all snap their heads in her direction.

"Go on."

"Talk." 

Spencer places her cup down that she had drank from and shook her head, "I can't."

"Oh come on, who are we going to tell" Katherine says but Spencer is still reluctant to tell. 

"Spence, you are not going to drop a bomb like that and clam up." Aria says and Spencer just gives her an apologetic look. "She'd so kill me if I told you."

"She's dead." Hanna says bluntly making Emily groan slightly at her lack of respect, whilst Kat tries not to laugh kicking the blonde's leg under the table. 

"Ali was seeing someone that summer." Spencer finally reveals with a defeated sigh. 

Emily perks up in her seat at the news, "I knew she was keeping something from me." seeing the looks she was receiving from the others, Emily corrected herself. "From us."