⁰⁸

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Noone had shown up at Katherine's house that night when she received the letter filled with compromising photos that could have landed Jason in jail. It led Katherine to believe that it was a warning, a way of letting her know that one wrong move could cause her whole life to flip upside down.

After getting off the phone with her father who had told her that he was finally coming home soon, she put on some comfortable clothes before heading over to Spencer's to start practicing for their SAT's.

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna complains placing the next flashcard down in front of her.

"Stringent." Aria tests looking towards Spencer who doesn't waste a second before giving the answer. "Uh. Tough. Inflexible."

"It's not like you're going to actually use them." Hanna continues as though she wasn't interrupted.

"Meretricious." Aria says squinting at the word trying to pronounce it correctly.

"I mean it's not like you go to college and you just start speaking a completely different language." Hanna says again before looking over at Katherine who was sat on the ground her legs crossed over and her eyes closed.

"It's about getting into college." Spencer retorts before attempting to say the answer to Aria's word but being cut off by Katherine who does, her eyes still closed.

"Meretricious. Something attractive but has no real value. Phony, flashy." Before any test Kat didn't like being in front of open textbooks and flashcards. She would do breathing exercises and listen to recordings of the content. Then get people to test her.

"That is correct Kat." Aria says before turning to the blonde next to her. "Hanna, why are you still eating that?" Kat opens her eyes seeing Hanna who was taking bites out of the food they had ordered a while ago.

"Cause it's here."

"Put it in the garbage." Spencer says. "Well then i'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it."

"Besotted." Aria interrupts before an argument between the girls erupts.

"Infatuated, enamoured, in love with." Spencer answers confidently.

Katherine placed her earbuds back in drowning out the conversation that the others were having about Noel Kahn and Spencer's country club boyfriend.

Ever since Ian was back and Jason left, Katherine didn't want to talk about love lives and her lack of. Hanna had been the only one that really noticed the way she would zone out whenever the topic came up but never said anything wanting Kat to come to her.

She was only brought back to the real world when Spencer's mother walked in making Katherine stand up from the floor and lean on the table where the girls were. "Hey Mrs Hastings."

"Hi girls. Oh, what smells so good?" Veronica says as she walks into the kitchen and looks over at the food they had brought in.

"Garlic bread. Want some?" Spencer says as she lifts the box up. Veronica looks as though she does but quickly shakes her head, "I can't. God I miss food. Eat some butter for me, will you?" she says before lifting up her phone.