⁰⁶

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

When Katherine woke up the next morning, she wasn't prepared for the girls to call her saying Emily was injured and the reason being Toby. Katherine walked up to the Field's girls house finding a police car parked right outside.

She went up to the girl's room after Mrs Fields waved to the police officer saying Katherine was allowed in. When she made it to the door the first voice she heard was Aria's. "It was all in his shrink's file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship."

Aria's words made Katherine pause in her step and the blood in her veins to run cold. They knew, but Katherine had a feeling they were taking it completely wrong.

"Way beyond step-siblings." Spencer says just as Katherine finally walks through the door.

"Hey, Em. I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier I only just woke up." Katherine says before leaning over to the girl for a hug being mindful of the cast around her wrist.

"It's okay, you're here now." Emily says softly to the brunette who takes a seat on the chair next to the bed.

"Toby and Jenna were.. involved." Aria says.

"Romantically." Emily asks still a little confused on the situation. "I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice." Spencer answers.

Katherine scoffed at Spencer's words with disgust bringing the attention on to herself. Well the secret was already out.

"You don't know that Spencer. For all we know Toby could have been the victim, just because he's the guy doesn't mean that he couldn't have been forced."

Spencer looked down in slight shame but she still had a strong belief on the matter.

"Whatever the situation, that's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb." Aria says trying to bring down the tension that was built.

"And she threatened to expose Toby which is probably why he wanted her dead." Spencer says making Katherine shake her head again and even Emily to look a little doubtful.

"And not just her, us. You." Aria says coming to the conclusion that was why Emily was hurt in the first place.

"You don't believe us?" Spencer says when seeing the look on the Fields girl's face.

"I do. I just don't get it. If Toby killed Alison and wanted to do the same to me, then why am I sitting in my bed and not in a body bag?"

Katherine having enough of her friend being dragged down with false accusations finally snapped. "Because it's not true. Toby didn't kill Alison for knowing his secret and he wasn't going to kill you or any of us now."

"And how would you know that?" Spencer says matching the frustration Katherine was feeling.

"Because I knew about Jenna and Toby months before Alison." Katherine confessed making the others look at her with wide eyes.

"How come you never told us, not even Ali?"

Katherine shrugged her mood calming down a little now. "Because it wasn't my secret to tell, something like that getting out would ruin him. And Toby's life in town is already full of shit I didn't want to make it worse."