⁰⁹

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The next morning, Katherine was woken up by the sun shining through the crack of her curtain. She groaned loudly as she buried her head under the pillow blocking out the sun. 

Just as she was about to drift back to sleep and probably end up being late for school, she heard a sound coming from her kitchen. She reached for the baseball bat that was propped on her wall and went down the corridor to the room. 

However, once reaching the kitchen, she put the bat down having completely forgotten that her father was back.

"Good morning Kat," Maxwell says as he prepares breakfast for the pair before glancing at the choice of weapon in his daughter's hand. "You forgot I was here didn't you."

Katherine shrugs before taking a seat opposite where her father was standing, "Guilty. I woke up and I just heard a sound so I freaked out." 

"Well I'm sorry I scared you, I just wanted to make you breakfast. And you only have half of an hour to be out of that door or you're going to be late." Maxwell says as he looks up at the clock hanging on the wall.

Katherine creases her eyebrows in confusion before seeing the time herself, "Oh shit." she quickly clambers out of her seat almost tripping face-first to the ground in the process. 

Her father simply laughs at her fondly before putting her breakfast in a small bag to take on the go. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

All the girls who stood near Hanna's locker had something to say. "Ok, I need to ask you guys something, and I need you to be honest with me."

"Of course, Han," Katherine said which was joined in by agreements from the rest of the group.

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" She asks as she shows both sides making the rest of the group tilt their heads in thought.

"No" they all answered at the same time making Hanna sigh in relief.

Katherine turned to her locker pulling it open, as she did a piece of paper fell out. She bent down to pick it up just as Aria spoke, "Is that Ian?" 

Her words make Katherine pause just as she read what the paper said, making her blood run cold. 

I guess Ian wanted a little more than just a taste that night - A

"Yeah. I hear he's the new field hockey coach." Spencer says being a part of the team herself.

"Does Melissa know he's back?" Emily asks none of the girls noticing Katherine's frozen expression or the way her breathing had started to pick up. 

"I don't know why she ever broke up with him," Hanna asks, her eyes still on the older boy.

She didn't. He broke up with her." Spencer says having been there the day that the ex-couple had their falling out.

Their conversation had been cut off by Mona walking up to them with a smile on her face. The new presence in turn snapped Katherine out of her daze and shoved the note into her locker. "Hey. The first one's for my bestie." Mona starts as she hands Hanna an envelope tied with a yellow ribbon. "and one for each of you, my bestie's other friends."