Lazy Cat

"When are you gonna finish your report, Malay? This is the twenty-six time of the month", his boss groaned.

Malay just sat there nervously, probably in misery now since some of his coworkers were seen gossiping and giggling at him.

Not wanting to anger up his boss, he came out with an excuse, again of course. This just made the boss more angry unfortunately.

"Stop with your dumb excuses, or else I have to either cut down your salary or fire you immediately", said the boss before he walked away.

Malay then sighed in relieve, at least he was given another chance to finish his report? Well, is he gonna break that promise again.

"My my again eh, Mal?", a familiar voice came, Mal looked behind, it was one of his colleague, Philippines. "Hah, yeah I just don't have enough time", chuckled off the Malaysian man.

"You should really start being serious on your work, my man, who knows how long they are gonna let you off" Malay just nodded as a reply.

"Anyway, you better start working, cuz you need those salaries to pay off your debts", the Filipino said again before sitting back down to do his business work.

Malay just gave another sigh.

Man, this job sucks. Well it wouldn't be if it isn't because of your procrastinating habit and laziness.

Before wasting more time, Malay inhaled and exhaled, to gain some lil motivation. He then started to work on his report, typing on the computer like every of his colleagues do.

Time past and past, it was break time. Malay was seen sleeping comfortably at his work desk.

"Should we get something for him to eat?", said the shorter colleague to Philip, who is currently enjoying his favourite snack, Balut.

"Hm? Oh yeah sure I guess, without food, I don't even think the boss is gonna stop nagging him by the end of this month", said him before finishing up his food.

Time passed, a packet of nasi lemak was placed next to the still asleep Malaysian man.

A flick to his forehead awoken him.

"Wake up , Mal, you still need to eat or else you're gonna run out of energy working on the report", said Philip.

"Ah, oh thanks, I'll pay you back by tomorrow"

"No no is alright, save them up for your needs", Brunei smiled. Malay was touched by it but just smiled before start to unpack his nasi lemak soon eating it.

The smell of the sambal fills up his motivation bar , ready to complete his report by the end of the day.

Time passes again, it was finally now to finish up working and head home.

"Here is the reports, bossku", said Mal as he placed down the stack of report books he completed.

"Excellent then, Mal, hope this habit won't be continued", sadly is gonna be anyway.

"There are more upcoming reports for you to work on, so rest well", they said before tidying up the reports and placing them into the shelves.

"God there's more? When is this even gonna end?? Can't I at least have a break , maybe I can get sick but thats much worse"

Opening the door of the office building, fresh air was slammed onto the Malaysian man. Finally out of the prison, no more clicking keyboard noises or the sound of loud footsteps.

Birds could be seen chirping on the trees. People from his workplace was exiting too, some went up to their vehicles and some were sort of going out with their loved ones.

Unlike Mal, he doesn't really have anyone to hang out with. Philippines is busy hanging out with the USA, Brunei is working with his boss, who is Mal's cousin, Singapore on some boring projects.

Mal then smelled a familiar scent, a delicious one. It was satay, a stall was seen a few feet away, selling delicious and scrumptious satay.

"A bit of snack as a reward for myself, wouldn't hurt either", he said to himself before heading to the stall.

After some moments of buying since there were not much customers, Malay was seen walking back to his home happily with two sticks of satays.

On his journey, he heard a cat meowing from somewhere. He stopped and look around, then he looked behind him. A cat was standing behind him meowing.

It looks like it was hungry. Malay didn't hesitate but turned around to it and kneeled down. The cat looked like it doesn't have an owner, one of its paws looked like is injured too.

"Oh you like satays too?" he just received a meow from it as an answer. Mal just smiled as an answer before giving one of the sticks to it.

The cat immediately approach to the satay he gave and started chewing on it. It was enjoying the food. Mal pat the cat, it enjoyed his interaction.

After finishing the satay, Mal waved goodbye at it before starting to walk away.
Little did he know it was following him from behind for some reason.