CONGRATULATIONS!

5 PM
Saturday September 3rd

" South Carolina is beautiful! It's just as I remember, I've got to send you the pictures I've taken so far!"

Grandma FaceTimed me a few minutes ago and we've been talking about her flight and her move. She looks radiant and glowy as she talks which makes me smile, she deserves it all.

I sit at my vanity to get ready for tonight's dinner with Mrs . Dubois , and I begin skin prep before adding a bit of foundation and concealer.

" You don't need all that! " she says with a scoff.

I smile at her and begin blending before I do the rest of my face. I went simple on the eyes and decided my lips will be my staple as I put on a dark red lip.

" I love that color on you! It really brings out your eyes!"

" This is the one! " Alec says out of breath as he's holding a long black dress and baby Ivy in the other.

" Well I'll let you get dressed dear, you look as lovely as ever and I know you'll get a job offer! I love you!"

"Thank you grandma, i love you!" I say before hanging up.

" How is she? " Alec asks.

" She's glowing." I say with a smile.

Alec and Ivy leave the room so I can slip on my dress. I paid it with some black heels , a black clutch , and some gold accessories before calling it quits.

" Alec! How do I look?"

He comes back in the room and gasps while he covers his mouth

" You are breathtaking. Now come on or you'll be late  " he says ushering me out.

A limo is waiting as I head outside and I look at it in awe before I climb in to see Maya and Jasper.

" In another lifetime. " she says looking at me.

I laugh before thanking her and I look over to Jasper who is looking at me with his mouth slightly open and his eyes are a bit wide. We both laugh, snapping him out of his daze.

" You look breathtaking Adalaide."

" Thank you guys! Y'all both look great!" I say with a smile.

A short 30 minutes later we arrive at a beautiful lit up building. Our driver opens the door with a smile before we head towards the glass doors.

We walk in and I see a lady in an all black uniform look at us expectantly.

" Hello and welcome to Fleur De'Amore! My name is Camille and I am to escort you to Mrs. Dubois.  "

Soft lighting illuminates the restaurant. The ceiling looks as if it had been hand painted with intricate details. Fresh roses sit at every table, complimenting the red cushioned chairs. Customers sip their wine while quietly chatting and laughing amongst one another.