𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦?❞

𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦?❞

Natalia whined softly at the spilled coffee stain on her cream-colored slacks. In her moment of panic, she swiftly tried to wipe it off, but only succeeded in smudging it even more. Now it resembled a big, brown blob right on her thigh, for the whole world to see, like it was screaming hey! Look how clumsy I am!

It wouldn't have been such a big deal if she wasn't about to attend the biggest job interview of her entire life.

She'd been working towards becoming a defense attorney since she graduated high school — four short years later, after cramming in hours of classes and studying her ass off, she was offered an opportunity to interview for an internship at Nelson and Murdock. It was the best law firm in New York City, they were notorious for their prosperous reputation. They hadn't lost a single case since they had opened their business. Not a single one.

And you're about to screw it up because you just had to have your cup of coffee.

Sucking in a shaky, deep breath, she tucked her blonde hair behind her ears, her blunt bangs tickling her forehead in a way that only annoyed her now as the trepidation sunk in. Every prickle only itched in irritation, even her blazer was feeling a bit too snug as her neck pricked with sweat.

"Breathe," she coaxed to herself quietly.

She had one minute to get herself together, and then she had to walk inside. The one, crucial minute consisted of Natalia reapplying her nude lipstick against her full lips, scrubbing the coffee stain with a tide pen, and picking at her cuticles until she had no other choice but to get out of her car. Her heart thudded harshly against her chest as she walked up towards the brick building, she could feel it vibrating throughout her body, her pulse mimicking the thumping in her veins.

You graduated at the top of your class.

You're more than qualified for this, Nat.

Natalia had completed her bachelor's degree in three years and already finished an entire year of law school by the young age of twenty-two. Her résumé was quite impressive, she had no reason to feel as nervous as she did, but she couldn't stop the uneasiness from settling in her bones.

Her airway was definitely constricting as her brown eyes fell on the Nelson and Murdock: Attorneys At Law sign outside of the door, her hand falling on the handle hesitantly as she licked her dry lips. Mentally cursing at herself for screwing up her lipstick for the tenth time today, she whisked open the door and stepped inside.