𝐓𝐞𝐧

❝𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦
𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘮𝘯 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.❞

If it had been any other week, Natalia would've hated that it had passed so quickly. But a night at Matthew's place had been looming; creating a heavy and distracting lull in her stomach that wouldn't subside. He'd hardly touched her throughout the week, there were kisses here and there, but he was desperate to prove his point. He needed to show her that he was serious.

The cutest and most frustrating thing ever.

She craved his touch, his lips, everywhere. Her body yearned for him so much that she ached. But how could she be impatient with a man who was trying his best to show that he genuinely cared? The answer was that no matter how much she felt like crawling to him on her knees, begging, she just couldn't. She would wait. Knowing the outcome would be worth it.

But as she peeked at herself in the rear view mirror of her car, panicking faintly in the driver seat, the anticipation had almost bubbled over inside of her. She wanted to burst at the seams. The day had arrived and she could hardly breathe just thinking about taking the elevator up to where Mr. Murdock's apartment rested. Could she hold out for a little longer? Could she manage to seem like it wasn't eating her from the inside out?

The reward will be worth it.

The wait will only make it better.

Grabbing her overnight bag that rested in the passenger seat, Natalia licked her glossy lips as she climbed from her car. She'd spent entirely too long worrying about what she would wear, even knowing he wouldn't see it, because her brain couldn't help but overthink every situation it was thrown into. Her eyes averted down to her outfit at the thought, scrutinizing the matching gray lounge set she'd found on sale last weekend.

As she entered the apartment building, she reached up to fluff out her bangs, combing her fingers through her blonde waves as they cascaded down her shoulders.

Pressing the button on the wall for the elevator, she wrapped her arms around herself as she waited, listening to the faint humming as it descended down to her before the doors glided open. Stepping inside, her anxiety peaked as she went to push the button with the glowing number twenty on it, realizing that it was the highest that the building went. Matthew lived in the penthouse suite. A penthouse in Hell's Kitchen had to be highly expensive; she could only dream of being able to afford something like that.

Her apartment building wasn't nearly this nice. She did what she could with it, but only so much decor could cover up all of the underlying problems. But she'd caught a deal and there wasn't much else to choose from with her budget, which dwindled more every day with the student loans she was paying off.