𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❝𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶

𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.❞

The week passed in an achingly slow fashion.

Every moment after Mr. Murdock kissed her had moved in slow motion. It was already Friday and the pair hadn't even spoken a single word of the incident. Natalia grew more frustrated with every second that ticked by, but she grudgingly understood the need to keep the distance between them. It had to be kept hidden, absolutely no one could know about what had happened. She could lose her internship, he could lose his credibility. It was dangerous waters that they were treading in.

But there were the small things. The minute of details in the way he moved around her, the way his tone of voice changed when speaking to her. The way his fingers would brush hers and linger anytime they had to pass each other something. The coffee he brought her every morning since the kiss. The way they'd collided briefly as she was entering the office as she came back from lunch on Wednesday, laughing softly until it tapered off as he grasped onto her coat to steady himself.

The tension was insurmountable.

Natalia couldn't decide if she was frustrated because nothing had happened or because she felt like she was going to implode. The pressure inside of her built more and more every single day that passed by. She ached to be touched by him again. Her body was silently begging for it— naturally gravitating towards him any second she could.

Could he notice?

Her brown eyes flickered up to the clock on the wall in Mr. Murdock's office, watching as it hit five o'clock, before glancing over at him. His glasses weren't perched on his nose, they hadn't been all day. His dark eyes were in plain view for everyone to see today. It was different from what she was normally used to, slightly more distracting. It was hard to focus on anything when she could be getting lost in the specs of sepia instead.

Only now, all she could think about was the obvious fact that they both hadn't made any movements to stand up or gather their things to leave. They'd made the silent, collective decision to stay late, without speaking, neither of them in a hurry to rush home.

A set of knocks interrupted her train of thought. Jerking her head towards the sound, she wasn't surprised in the slightest to see Sloane's dark hair as she opened the door to peek inside. Her green eyes immediately settled on Mr. Murdock, who was glancing expectantly in Sloane's general direction, without even so much as a glimpse at Natalia who gritted her teeth in annoyance.

The third time this week. Three whole times of her knocking just at the end of the day.

"I was just checking to see if you needed anything from me before I headed home for the weekend," Sloane said sweetly.