Chapter 6: Piranha Birds

——————————🐚——————————

The Croods were walking across a giant tree branch and they were walking very slowly since Grug insisted on them stopping and looking for danger every single second.

"Wait...okay. Wait...okay. Wait...okay."

The giant branch had pink fuzz on it and dandelions. Suddenly, the dandelions all poofed up startling the family and they slid down a steep part of the branch like a slide bumping into the person in front of them.

"Wait...okay."

...

Almost the whole day had gone by and the sun was almost set.

The Croods were still wandering through the jungle and passed some pear shaped fruits that were hanging from some trees.

"Um, so dad, just to be clear are we looking for the exact same cave?" Thunk asked. "Cause, okay, if it was me... I'm just throwing this out there, if it was me choosing the cave..."

Behind Thunk, all the little pears turned around and revealed themselves to be creatures with red eyes and sharp teeth.

Thunk felt something off and turned around, but the pear creatures turned back around and pretended to be fruit again.

"...I would go with a smaller cave." Thunk finished.

...

Grug walked forward and came face to face with a monkey. Grug gasped and held his arms out.

"Wait."

Grug looked up and saw that they were surrounded by multiple monkeys in the trees.

"Dad?..." Thunk began nervously.

"I'll take care of this." He reassured with a smug smile.

He got in the monkey's face and began screaming and shaking his hands wildly. The monkey just sat there and stared at him with a bored expression. Grug stopped yelling and looked very confused as to why it wasn't running away like the Liyotes.

The monkey spit, then smirked and punched Grug in the face, which pushed him back into another monkey that also punched him.

"Alright, Dad, get 'em! Go get 'em!" Thunk cheered.

Grug kept getting knocked back and forth between the monkeys getting punched and kicked in the face by them, and even once by Gran, while Thunk cheered uselessly.

"Dad, I got it! Just stop running into their fists!" Thunk exclaimed.

"Grug, when your done, we should get going." Ugga suggested.

The monkey's picked him up and one was about to hit him again, when they paused and noticed something in the distance making them run away and drop Grug.

"That's right! You can't get past this!" Grug shouted confidently.

A growl was heard behind them, and they all turned to see a Macawnivore stalking towards them.