Chapter 8: Hunting

——————————🐚——————————

Grug slammed a dead scorpion on a rock. "There. Who's hungry for scorpion?"

The family dug into the scorpion and began tearing into him. Guy and (Y/n) shuddered.

"Uh, what happened to the egg and the bird?" Guy asked.

"Oh, you know we lost him. But when the bird stepped on me and pushed me into the ground, this scorpion got a hold of me and one thing lead to another, and here we are eating him. So win-win."

"Not enough, not enough!" Gran declared. "I need more. I need more." She hissed and climbed onto the log, glaring at (Y/n) and Guy.

"Oh, look at that. Um...is she going to eat us?" (Y/n) asked nervously.

"Nah, you're both too skinny. If she was going to eat anyone, it would be-."

Suddenly, Thunk let out a scream and everyone turned to see him rolling on the ground with Gran biting his foot.

"She's locked her jaw!"

"Mom!"

"Get a stick! Get a stick!"

Ugga handed Gran's cane to Eep wordlessly and Eep launched forward to try and pry Gran off of Thunk.

"You sick old monster! Hurry! Put the stick in her mouth!"

Eep jammed the stick in Gran's mouth while the rest of the family tried to pull them apart.

While the family was distracted, Belt tipped Guy and (Y/n) over and began rolling them away. Eep noticed them trying to escape and sat on the log.

"Why are you rolling away?"

"We just want something to eat!" Guy whined.

"You have bug for dinner. Plenty of bug!" Eep growls, grabbing his ear.

"Please. You can help us hunt." (Y/n) offered.

"Really?" Eep perked up.

He pulled the two out of the log and grabbed (Y/n)'s hand in his, and pulled her away from his family. Guy following behind them.

"Tell my story!"

...

Eep jumped up and grabbed a branch pulling it down. Guy threw a rope around the branch and (Y/n) tied it to a rock.

"Okay."

Eep released the branch and looked over their set up. "What do you call this?"

"A trap." (Y/n) told him.

"What does it do?"

"Well, *whistle*, roar! Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump. Twang! *whistles* boom! Ta-Da!" Guy announced.

Eep stared at him for a moment, and glanced at (Y/n) to see if she also found that weird.

"How long have you two...been alone?" Eep asked.