Chapter 16: Tomorrow

——————————🐚——————————

"This is me. My name's Eep."

Eep turned around, and fixed his hair.

"And this is my family."

The rest of the Croods, and Guy and (Y/n) crowded around them. Grug stood in front of them, holding his hands up, making sure they were in the perfect position.

"If you weren't already clued in by the suntans and pets, were not exactly cavemen anymore."

Grug set a timer and ran forward to join the group. Once he did, a contraption was set off, flipping up a giant flat rock into their faces, to make one big snapshot.

"Let's do it again, I think I blinked."

"The world is still plenty harsh and hostile."

Gran sat in a sled that was strapped to Liyotes drinking a drink, while Ugga sharpens a spear and tossed it to Grug.

"But we know the Croods will make it."

Ugga and Grug climbed on top of Chunky's back.

"Because we changed the rules. The ones that kept us in the dark."

Eep swung down from a tree and landed on a rock, and blew his shell.

"And because of my dad. Who taught us that anyone can change."

Guy and (Y/n) rode by on the Bear Owl, and Eep jumped on behind (Y/n).

"Hey pretty girl." Eep whispered flirtatiously in her ear.

"Hey yourself, mister." She flirted back.

Eep smiled down at her and nuzzled their foreheads together.

"Release the baby!" Grug announced.

Sandy came rushing out of the bushes and jumped onto Douglas with Belt.

"Well...sort of."

The Bear Owl came up next to Chunky and a tree fell over, revealing Thunk on top of a walking whale.

Once they were all together, the family started running towards a new horizon.

"So from now on, we'll stay out here. Where we can follow the light."

——————————🐚——————————