five

"so you actually moved back home because you thought about breaking off your engagement?" i asked with wide eyes, staring at my sister who kept her eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel.

"yes- and be careful, you're getting crumbs onto the seat," she gave me a quick glance as i munched on my breakfast- two slices of bread and a small carton of milk.

"for a while now, i've been the one who paid for our bills and also cooked meals for him after getting home from a long day of work. at one point, it frightened me that this was going to be my future- he's unwise with his spending and despite how much i love him, i can't spend my life with someone like that. we've fought over this many times," hyojung confessed, with a heartbroken pain in her voice.

hyojung's seven years older than me and the most responsible, patient and loving person i've ever known, so if she's getting upset over junghyun, then i'm livid with him.

after the talk with dad and junghyun in our apartment above the restaurant last night, i found my older sister crying in her room so i didn't want to pry any information out of her, unless she was ready to share them.

if i'm being completely honest, junghyun's a cool guy- handsome and clever with his words, but sometimes i really don't like him. if he wants to do something and insists my sister on doing it too- such as a bungee jumping- he would be upset if she wasn't fond of the idea. it had to be both of them on the same page, or not at all.

he's quite protective of her too, if she hung out with others, he'd have to follow along since he feels so proud to be dating her that he kind of resembles taehoon in that way. but at least taehoon lets sooah hang around other people without constantly insisting that he should tag along for the sake of being at her side.

however, junghyun protected my sister and supported her in every way he could, he even used to spend long hours at our house impressing our dad for his approval of their relationship. and if my obnoxious dad could be accepting of his favorite daughter's boyfriend- that says a lot about the effort junghyun is willing to put in for hyojung.

"i'm so sorry to hear that hyojung. i don't want to judge your relationship with him because i don't know what you guys have been through together, but if it really makes you happy to be with him, then that's what i want for you. otherwise, you can kick him to the curb and i'd still support you," i told her as she pulled up to the sidewalk outside the gates of saebom high.

"thank you, baby sister. you've matured so much, haven't you?" she leaned over from her seat to give me a hug.

she bid me goodbye and as i exited the passenger seat of her car, suho rushed up to her car and popped his head through the window to greet her.

"hi noona!!" he grinned at her with that bright smile of his, to which she returned his smile equally as enthusiastic.

"you've gotten so handsome and tall now!" she cooed and i rolled my eyes, as i pulled suho away from my sister's car because he loves hearing her compliments.

"we're gonna be late. see you hyojung!" i said to her, as i dragged suho away from her car.

"your sister is as hot as ever," he commented and i didn't blame him. she's the mysterious type of girl that guys find alluring, with her bright red lips and sparkly eyes, she radiated confidence.

"yeah yeah. i wouldn't be surprised if you still had a crush on her," i rolled my eyes, as he shook his head.

"you know, you look so much like her, yet personality-wise, you're nothing like her. foul ass temper, potty mouth, and bitchy at times too- you're the opposite of her," he said, as he followed me into the school building and continued to pester me until we reached our classroom.