sixteen

the two of us stood at han seojun's apartment door. i looked at suho baffled as he knocked on the door. when there was no response, he fished a key out of his pocket and unlocked it himself.

"since when do you have his keys?" i asked him.

"i've always had a copy of his keys, remember? his mom trusted me to check up on him when we were close," suho said, as he entered first and slipped his shoes off. i did the same and followed him inside.

"sit," suho pointed to the couch and i scanned my eyes around the neat and organized apartment, there was no trace of him. suho crossed one leg over the other and left hen crossed his arms. i could hear a door open but it wasn't the door to seojun's room so i assumed it was the bathroom.

"what the-" seojun almost jumped at the sight of two people in his living room.

there was a cut on his lip and as my eyes dropped to his knuckles, i saw that they were bruised. he tried to hide them but i already saw them.

he had just taken a shower so his hair was still wet and there was a towel around his neck. seojun sat on the sofa chair to the right of suho and exchanged silent glances with the fellow black-haired guy.

"i know you want an explanation for everything but first off, i want to tell you that i'm doing all of this for a reason. you hated that i was involved with troublemaking guys, and i distanced myself from them. but ever since they started bothering me again, i went to find out what they want from me," seojun ran a hand through his wet tangled hair and sighed.

"they want me to join them again but i declined. i skipped school to make money so i could pay out what i owed- those fuckers really just want to get back at me for leaving," seojun's expression was pissed. his eyes narrowed and stared at the ground in front of him while suho sat there, with a perfectly calm but stoic look on his face.

"i'll lend you the money." suho said in the most monotone voice, and looked straight ahead wall where a family portrait of seojun, his sister and his mother was placed.

"no way in hell-" seojun stood up and i rolled my eyes.

"why not? it's better owing him money than being ordered around by a bunch of delinquents! for fuck's sake, it's suho. why can't you just let him help you?" i snapped. he paused for a moment in silence, before turning around to glare at suho.

"he killed seyoon. song hyojin, he killed your best friend, and you're still close with seyeon's murderer?" seojun's fists curled and i could tell by the deepening of suho's breath that he was on edge too.

"i didn't fucking kill him. i was going through my own shit in my personal life and i happened to miss his phone call. is that enough for call someone a murderer?" suho leapt up from his seat and grabbed seojun by the collar.

"yah lee suho, take your hands off of him!" i grabbed suho's forearm and pulled him away from seojun, to which he willingly let go.

"you just want someone to blame because you're just as equally guilty as i am for not picking up his call," suho spat, as his chest rose up and down. i turned to see that tears were forming the in the corners of his eyes. seyeon is always a topic that reopens wounds.

"is it reasonable to be fighting like this? seyeon meant a lot to me, but clearly he means a lot to you guys too. why are you guys blaming each other for something that we didn't know would happen?" i could imagine how disappointed seyeon would be at us right now.

he was a ball of sunshine that was kind and playful, who always forgave more than he should. the three of them were so close as trainees that it didn't matter that i met him first.