twenty two

dejected and gloomy-looking, suho laid like a blob on the couch of my living room. he still hasn't spoken a word to me in twenty minutes, ever since he asked if we could hang out after school.

i think he's just moping here until dinner time so he can cheer himself up with my mom's cooking.

"suho."

no response. the doe-eyed boy had his forearm covering his face as he groaned and turned away from me.

i sat on the seat across from him and gave up trying to solve my math homework. it's hard to study in this atmosphere.

"suho. what's wrong?"

"i pitched to jugyeong your study date idea, and at first she looked a little bit excited. that is, until she flipped the switch in a second and just flat out told me 'no thanks.' so i asked her, what about we grab coffee? or go to the comic bookstore together? still a big fat no and i don't know why!" suho sighed and grabbed the blanket from the armchair next to him and covered himself with it.

i feel like i should tell him. but it's jugyeong's secret, and once suho gets mad, he's going to confront soojin. once that happens, soojin's basically going to expose jugyeong.

and for the record, jugyeong is gorgeous regardless of what she looks like, but i think she'd be embarrassed to admit that she transferred schools because she got bullied because of her bare face. the whole school would scrutinize her, especially because she's popular too.

"myungsoo asked me to run for vice president since the previous one got expelled for rigging his exam scores," i told lee suho, and he lifted the blanket from his head for a moment. he peeked an eye at me and asked, "it wasn't because his grades were failing and that he was slacking off?"

"that's not a good reason to expel someone, is it?" i asked him and he shrugged. he put the blanket back over his head and sighed.

for pete's sake, lee suho is so dramatic. he should be an actor at this rate!

"but guess who's running for vice president as well?" i asked suho, and then he just randomly guessed, "chorong."

"heck no. he rather be playing at the arcade with his friends than bother at all," i rolled my eyes.

"kang soojin. apparently she caught him for cheating and reported him for it," i told him and suho blatantly threw the blanket off his head and sat up straight, staring right at me. his face scrunched up as if he smelled something terrible.

"kang soojin? how on earth? that bitch spends all her time either at the academy or hanging out with the smart kids from the class next door, but none of them are on the student council," suho furrowed his eyebrows. he spotted the plate of peeled oranges and cut strawberries that my mom left for us earlier.

he plopped a strawberry in his mouth as he pondered, before looking back to me.

"spit it out, what else do you know about it?" suho asked, as he used a toothpick to poke an orange slice.

"i don't know anything else, this is what myungsoo told me."

"ah, you and him are buddies now aren't you? cool, but my question is what information are you hiding from me? why are you running for vice president when you know you hate student council roles? i know something is wrong between jugyeong and i, but you don't have to avoid me like the plague at school too," suho looked a little bit hurt. his usual cockiness was gone and his tone was actually concerned.