nine

"you must really be suho's closest friend," soojin commented as she washed her hands in the sink next to me. we were in the bathroom of the study academy.

"i've known him for years and i haven't seen him as animated and expressive as he is with you," she said with almost a forced smile on her face as she looked down to her hands. she scrubbed them so hard that they were pink now.

"oh. if you're wondering if he likes me- trust me he doesn't," i paused, before blurting, "he actually likes someone else. although he's not really making it clear to her," i thought of how suho almost practically ignores jugyeong when they're near each other, but he watches her from afar.

"really?" there's almost a giddy tone to the high-pitched way the word slipped out of soojin's mouth. oh my gosh, i think she's misunderstanding this.

"-but," i began and she cut me off, "is she in our class?"

i nodded and her mood seemed to improve even more. "jeez, you're a good friend. i like your honesty," she's absolutely thinking that she's the one that suho likes.

would she kill me or jugyeong first when she finds out who suho really has a crush on? soojin is so set on what she wants- that i worried for myself and jugyeong.

but we're good friends aren't we? i'm sure she wouldn't do anything but she'll be disappointed for sure. but is it really my place to tell her who suho likes? i can't believe i started this mess, shit.

"wait soojin-" i began but she already left the bathroom.

all of us head to the arcade since sooah and taehoon insisted that we finally have some fun while everyone's together.

suho and seojun are battling each other in a shooting game to see who could get a higher score while taehoon and sooah are somewhere in a photo booth probably making out. jugyeong and soojin are playing on the dance machine, and there seems to be extra enthusiasm in soojin's steps.

and lastly, i'm with myungsoo at the basketball hoops game where i can tell he's obviously missing some of the hoops on purpose. star player of the basketball team is barely ahead of the amateur by a few points? not very convincing.

he's being too nice.

"you did great," myungsoo pointed to my score which was ended up to be six points behind his.

"myungsoo, you're too nice. you definitely held back," i told him to which he sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck.

"i'll have a go," suho appears by my side with seojun next to him.

"against seojun, though. this motherfucker insists that he would have won against me if i wasn't yelling death threats at every target in the shooting game earlier," suho side eyed seojun before taking over the basketball game.

"listen here, you fucking screamed in my ear," seojun snapped back as he took off his blazer and rolled up his uniform sleeves so that his toned forearms were exposed.

he looks so attractive like that, i couldn't help but keep my eyes glued to him. he had such a confident and determined face, even though this was just a petty basketball game.

"correction- i enthusiastically announced my expressive thoughts in an exclamatory way," suho raised a finger to which myungsoo and i exchanged glances and he chuckled.

"shut up and get this over with," i rolled my eyes and clicked the start button for both seojun and suho.

and that's when the screaming started.