seventeen

silent treatment is all han seojun received for the rest of the week and even up until the weekend of the camping trip.

it was supposed to be the perfect time for all of us to be hanging out together, but now i had to actively make an effort to avoid seojun. you can say that it's immature of me, but it's also immature to hack into someone's account and delete their post.

i had plans to sit with him on the bus, but i chose to sit with myungsoo last minute. it really seemed to really piss seojun off. i could feel his stare when he walked past my row.

i sighed as i listened to the conversation of sooah and jugyeong in front of myungsoo and i, as they giggled over their stargram contest entries. they were both in the top 10 while i had given up on the contest. the only bright side is that i'm not constantly glued to my phone as i was earlier this week.

"i hope you're not too upset about the whole contest," myungsoo said, as he grabbed his bag from the ground and rummaged through it, before pulling out a bag of milan cookies. my favorite flavor too.

"it's silly to be so obsessed over stargram likes, isn't it?" i asked him, as he opened the package and offered me the delicious treat.

"maybe it is, but i don't think it should cause that big of an issue," myungsoo said, before the conversation fell silent.

i hadn't noticed it until now, but i don't think we have much in common. he's practically good at everything he attempts, and even beats suho in terms of academic achievements if one considered all his extracurriculars.

"so, how are you lately? you know, since you're student council president i bet you're always super busy," this was the only conversation starter i could think of.

"i've been pretty busy because of the big college entrance exams coming up and preparing college applications- you know. student council activities aren't too bad because everyone's quite cooperative," he replied in a lighthearted manner knowing that he definitely has a lot on his plate.

"wow, i haven't began studying for the entrance exam nor college applications yet. i'll try to get to it soon, i hope," i muttered the last part to which seemed to amuse myungsoo. the corners of his eyes crinkled and he offered, "if necessary, you could always ask for my help."

"thank you for the offer. is it tiring to excel in so many areas while being a source of help for others as well? i can't imagine how exhausted you probably feel," i commented, and then felt a wave of awkwardness wash over me.

i don't know him that well so i might have overstepped myself for saying that.

"you're quite observant, aren't you?" myungsoo said, looking at me with his sparkly eyes and deep dimples that made his smile look even more charming. how is someone like him real? how does anyone handle so much pressure and responsibility without cracking at all?

"it does get tiring, but it's what i like to do. after all, i'm not the most comfortable when i'm spending at home and since my family is a bit well-off, i decided to invest my time in doing things that would make the best use of my time," myungsoo said, and the usual positive and bright energy seemed to dim a bit.

i don't ever recall ryujin mentioning that his family life may not be the best, but i do know that he doesn't spend too much time at home.

"sorry for asking that," i apologized.

"don't apologize. i think you're one of the few people that actually sees me in a human way. others see me as someone who seems unreal just because of how hard i've worked," myungsoo said and began to hum to himself.